jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Critique Please

1. spinner2k8 profile image60
    spinner2k8posted 7 years ago

I am new to this and have not many clues.
    I would appreciate any tips.

Take Care

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

Write more content for your pieces.  Your hubs have some interesting stuff in them, and useful too (like the crock pot one), but you need to give more information.  They're VERY short. 

Tell us more about the crock pot, for example.  Maybe explain what a crock pot is from the angle that you started with the male/female thing.  That's a good way to come at that, clever.  So tell me what I can do with one, give me some scenarios why my life is going to be better/improved by this thing.  Maybe include: Where can I get one?  How much does it cost?  Why is this one better than some other one?

Same goes for the other ones, like the ships etc.  You give interesting but super-super short histories, but you have to tell me more. I don't know what kind of ship that is, or how it is different from some other ship.  Tell me stuff. Tell me things to help me understand why these ships are important, and why I should care/or be interested in the history as a reader.  That sort of thing.

Anyway, that's my two cents for whatever it's worth.  So, good luck.  You're off to a good start.

3. andromida profile image75
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

Welcome to hubpage.Sometimes you can join in forum discussions which will help the hubbers to know you better.

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I agree about the lack of content. hmm Just answer the what, where, when, how and why to give your article *bulk*. I love birds but didn't see too much else in that one Hub. Your tags are good. Pic is good. See if you can link your Hubs together to encourage readers to read more. Add a video, funny or educational one. All this will encourage your readers to stay longer and maybe get caught by a *ad* n want to click wink use your amazon n ebay for more sales n extra $$ also. big_smile Welcome to HubPages.

5. 0
    mdawson17posted 7 years ago

Would someone take the time to critic my work and email me some suggestions on how to update my hubpages as well

with much appreciation mdawson17

6. spinner2k8 profile image60
    spinner2k8posted 7 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

I have taken some steps toward the critiques. The Image edit- Battleship Cove Ships.

I am mostly interested in the shot I snapped, and the edit process. The actual Naval Ship History is pointed out as an interresting note.

A link is provided to the actual Battleship Cove website.

I expanded a little more on the editing process.

I will keep trying,