jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Checking if this is normal

1. Netperking profile image61
    Netperkingposted 7 years ago

Good Morning Hubbers!

I have been working on an article about the strange effects one month on hubpages and google adsense has had on me.  All of a sudden I had this awful thought that I would post the hub and I would be the only one with all these crazy habits. Before I make myself look abnormal I was hoping some hubber would just tell me if they have the same effects smile If you have ever done any of the following things just let me know so I know I am not the only CRAZY one!!
    Does anyone feel as if keywords have taken over their speech and writing patterns-
    Does anyone enjoy using google keyword tool way too much-and does it feel like you won the lottery when you earn twenty cents?

Just checking before I put all my  detailed Hubpage idiosyncrasies out for the public to see!

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

you know...i think when you do something a lot, especially writing, it starts to permeate your being a little, like when you concentrate on it intensely and for long periods. since i have been doing this 30-day challenge, when i go to bed and am half-asleep, i see the format hub screen in my mind's eye almost mapping out my twilight thoughts or dreams or something. it's really quite strange.

2. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

The answer to that is YES!!! Just post it, everyone loves to read unique and original content you are off to a great start. smile

3. Netperking profile image61

LOL at least there will be 2 people who admit to the weirdness!

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

It's like that old thing teachers say at the beginning of every new class/semester:  If you have a question, just ask it; the odds are, if you have the question, at LEAST one other person has it too, and probably more who are too bashful to say anything.

Put it up.

5. Cls1321 profile image61
    Cls1321posted 7 years ago

yea its normal, although lately I used the keyword tool so much that I am managing to get $0.50 clicks and higher. I guess in general though just seeing more clicks than the last time I checked makes me feel like I won the lottery lol.

6. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I'm generally a very practical and not-very-creative person (even though I write), but the "artsy prima donna" comes out in me when it comes to key words - I can't make myself be bothered with them (and that shows in the traffic a lot of my Hubs don't get  smile  ).

Even if I write a practical Hub about something like "stuff you need in a first aid kit", I just write it and let the chips fall where they may.  Maybe I'm technology-challenged or something (and I know I'd get far more traffic if I'd change my ways), but I can't incorporate the kind of thinking that goes into the whole keyword-worrying thing into my writing process (at least not for the kind of writing I do on here, which is kind of "whatever-I-feel-like-writing" writing).  I keep telling myself I should get with the program and change my approach, but I keep not doing it.  smile  Then again, I'm seeing a gradual increase in my traffic on some of those low-traffic Hubs; and I'm being paid every month ("by accident"), so a part of me just keeps doing what I've been doing (and being happy about it  smile  ).

7. wrenfrost56 profile image84
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

OMG I thought I won the lottery when I made my first penny! LOL! You should definately post it!

8. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I am quite comfortable in my wierdness n happy with myself where I am using keywords n whatever else is recommended big_smile n extra help or ideas are never rejected...I agree, even a few cents makes my day has me skipping about big_smile go ahead n write about it, you're not alone wink

9. Netperking profile image61

Thanks everyone I did it but I have to say it sounds even weirder now that I have put my odd habits and obsessions into words!