jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

Doing nothing by myself...

1. bee girl profile image60
    bee girlposted 7 years ago

So it is a sunday and I find it difficult to do nothing by myself.  Doing nothing in general is usually very satisfactory exspecially when done with others.  However today, possibly because I am alone, it is the most bothersome thing I could ever encounter.  I have many interests but my apathy keeps me from persuing any of them.  I am not unhappy or any emothion other than blah.  I guess I just want a feeling, any feeling would help.  Any thoughts?

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I know a good deal about nothing. And even more about nada.

And I also like my own company so have no trouble talking to myself. That said - not sure I've got anything that will boot your apathy up the ass smile

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

And welcome to HP by the way big_smile

1. bee girl profile image60
      bee girlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hey! love frogs, i always rescue baby frogs from the pool when they are dieing.  thanks for the comment.  i like to talk to myself as well but am very easily distractamicated. idk this hub thing is confusing though i need help!!

1. frogdropping profile image85
        frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Declaring your love for frogs will get you far.

Read the FAQ stuff, use the search facility (lots of stuff on the site) check out the forums - plenty of people ask lots of different questions, and ask if you're unsure about anything.

And get writing and publishing too because that's how you will learn the quickest. Practice makes ... you better wink

4. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

You should be thankful you have the opportunity to do nothing.  I remember when I could just power-lounge.  I have a baby, now.  'Nuff said.

1. profile image62
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

So was the baby your decision ?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
        Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yep, and I am thrilled to have her.  We have a great time, but "doing nothing" is out of the question.

1. profile image62

I know I have kids myself but the decision was yours my friend, if ya had have wanted to do nothing ya should have used a condom !

Obviously, my doing nothing days are long gone, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to do nothing on occasion.  I guess if doing nothing was so important to me, I could get my mom to watch the baby for a day, or two.  It is really not that serious, I was just making an observation.  Come on, BC, don't question my love for my child.  That is a "no joke" zone.

1. profile image62

I wasnt, sorry if it seemed I was !

Maybe, I was just being too sensative. It does kind of seem like I was complaining.  I am not.  My daughter is doing nothing right now.  Lucky little one.

5. DrPPoorluk profile image61
    DrPPoorlukposted 7 years ago

Doing nothing has always been under rated. I work all week long to look forward to a weekend of nothing!

6. Bredavies profile image72
    Bredaviesposted 7 years ago

Write a hub maybe?

working