jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

RSS Feed

1. djtphn1 profile image77
    djtphn1posted 9 years ago

I see this as a capsule that I can add to my hubs....would someone mind telling me exactly what it is and is it important to do....
    Thx in advance,
    DJ

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

This is an explanation of an RSS feed. You can add them to your page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_(file_format)

Basically it means you can get updated info added automatically to your pages.

3. djtphn1 profile image77

Thx I will read that, but when you say updated, what info are you referring to that is updated????  I know, I am illiterate sometimes...
    THX
    DJ

4. djtphn1 profile image77

Ok, I see now, but does everyone do this, add this capsule, should I be doing it?
    DJ

5. Writers' World profile image50
    Writers' Worldposted 9 years ago

How do I add an RSS feed? Is it a copy and paste thing?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago in reply to this

There is an RSS capsule you can add, just like the text, photo etc capsules. Add one and enter a URL to whichever RSS feed you want and it will update as the feed is updated.

6. jaymz profile image62
    jaymzposted 9 years ago

Where's the best place to find RSS feeds. I spend a lot of time searching, and never really use them as I give up before I find decent ones. Any tips on finding good RSS feeds?

7. Mark Knowles profile image60

It rather depends on the subject you are looking for. Try... "whatever subject I want + RSS," in the google search. I am sure you will find something you like.

8. Whitney05 profile image61
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Mark, that's what I've been doing. And, lately, it seems that I have to sift through several pages before finding something. I tend to get a lot of websites that seem like they'd be perfect, but there's no RSS button on the page. As the search engines will pull up "RSS" or "feed" in some other context.

9. Mark Knowles profile image60

I agree. Unfortunately, you could say the same about almost anything you search for on the internet. big_smile

I have found reuters to be a good source of rss feeds on a reasonable range of subjects:

http://www.reuters.com/tools/rss

10. Whitney05 profile image61
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Very cool. Thanks Mark. I'll have to try that site out next time I'm in need of a feed. :-)

11. ysdata profile image60
    ysdataposted 9 years ago

I've been using rss feeds to help keep my sites updated with fresh info.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, that's the idea I think.

working