jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

silly google ad question

  1. 0
    Risa Attrellposted 7 years ago

    My 'silly' question is, if google has placed relevant ads around my article, does that necessarily mean that i will get paid anything if people click on it? I signed up a long time ago, and then took a long break from writing hubs. In the meantime, i dont even remember if i gave them my 'tax info' or whatever they need. I did take some steps to sign up for the program, but i dont remember if i ever finnished the job. Is the fact that they are posting ads on my article proof eneough that i completed the sign up process and will get paid for clicks, or do i have to check into that?

    1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

      You will only get paid for the times that somebody actually clicks on an ad, and your ads are displayed 60% of the time (with hubpages the other 40%).

      The only way to know if you have earnt any money is to login to google adsense and find out!

      It will tell you if you have earnt anything, but with 1 hub..... you certainly wont have made the $100 minimum payout.

  2. 0
    Risa Attrellposted 7 years ago

    Thanks- Yes, i realize all that. I was just wondering-maybe a silly question- but i was wondering if it's possible that google would put up ads on my article, but if i didn't finnish up all the details of the 'signing up' process, i just wont get any pay.Checking my account wont help me find that out, since even if i didn't get any pay, i would not know if that is because nobody clicked, or if i just didn't sign up properly.
    And no, i dont expect to make much with one hub. I am just starting. I hope to write more hubs.

    1. sunforged profile image63
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

      No, you will not get paid if you did not submit W9 info and yes they would still serve your ads.

      Even if you had no adsense account at all, ads would be served, they just would only benefit hubpages

      There is a big warning when you log into adsense if your account is not in full standing

      1. mommyfreelancer profile image88
        mommyfreelancerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

        What warning? OMG when Rita Attrell mentioned it I suddenly thought I might have not finished mine, either. My adsense account is slowly showing some numbers. How will I know if I have finished the signup process? Help!

        1. sunforged profile image63
          sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

          LOL! If you havent submitted your w9 there is a warning - I imagine you would remember doing this?

          check here

          https://www.google.com/adsense/account-tax

          have you reached payment verification level yet? They will send you a pin in the mail, than you have to enter it into adsense account - if you havent reached that point, your prob along way away from worrying about payout!

  3. Hunting Videos profile image61
    Hunting Videosposted 7 years ago

    Google will continue to place ads on your page, however, they will be low paying ads that more than likely won't match the topic you wrote about.

  4. 0
    Risa Attrellposted 7 years ago

    Thank you all.
    Well all the ads are relevant so that's a good sign. Sunforged, would i see this 'big warning' you mentioned when i click on my affiliate settings?

    1. sunforged profile image63
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

      no, only from within your adsense console

      https://www.google.com/adsense/

      "Google will continue to place ads on your page, however, they will be low paying ads that more than likely won't match the topic you wrote about."

      ^---the above is in no way correct..its not even logical, lol

  5. 0
    Risa Attrellposted 7 years ago

    Oh good- I went to that link and there are no warnings- that means everything is okay right??
    Thanks for the help. I better go write another hubs. But uh--- what should i write about? That is always the big question smile

  6. mommyfreelancer profile image88
    mommyfreelancerposted 7 years ago

    You mean, have I reached the payment level yet? Nooooooooooo! smile
    I am very bad at remembering things (I'd like to blame it on the anaesthesia!), very bad short-term memory. smile

    1. sunforged profile image63
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

      no payment verification, comes much before payout level - they are distinctly different levels

 
working