jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

Newbies first success

1. Alastore001 profile image60
    Alastore001posted 7 years ago

I'm fairly new to HP, so far my experience here couldn't have been better! Everyone has been very inviting, friendly and welcoming. It really seems like everyone here wants to help, even if in their own sarcastic ways.

Anyway, i just thought i'd share that after my 5th day here at hubpages, i have started seeing some success! It's only 11 am here, so the day is just starting and i have already earned $3.00 from 4 adsense clicks! Yea, i know its not a lot of money but its just proof to myself that its not as complicated as it seems to actually make this work.

I know reading some of the other peoples stories here has helped encourage myself to try it, so i thought id contribute.

2. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 7 years ago

When you have 4 hubs and have been going less than a week $3 in a morning is excellent! I'm sure your going to do very well on hubpages.

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

You are off to a great start!!!!

4. dohn121 profile image87
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

Wow.  I didn't make that much in one day until my second week or so...Keep it up!  You're definitely on the right track!

5. Alastore001 profile image60

Yea, im just hoping it wasn't a fluke and will continue!
    Now comes the hard part, which is to continue writing.
    Kinda stumped as to what to write about at this point...
    Don't really wanna be a tool and just write about whatever.
    I prefer to write hubs about something i can relate to.

6. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Good start! Just looking at your world of warcraft cataclysm hub though, I think you could make even more if you rearranged the capsules to allow better add placement.

best of luck.

7. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Good job...$3 already? You are definitely lucky. I have yet to make that much and I have been here for 4 weeks. Keep it up!

8. Alastore001 profile image60

@Will Apse

Wow, thanks for the advice! Greatly helpful!

I had read quite a few hubs on tips to improve your adsense quality but had never actually realized that those few blocks of ads could actually be affected by my organization of my hub!

I went back and took another look at it, and simply moved the opening lines of text in my hub to a new capsule. Instantly noticed a new block of ads near the top right side of the page!

Will be sure to go back later and twink all my hubs a bit more, thanks again for the excellent advice!

9. arunjain1989 profile image60
    arunjain1989posted 7 years ago

That start is really great.i hope google approve my adsense account soon!!And yea u said it right man people at hubpages are very friendly and welcoming!

10. oderog profile image42
    oderogposted 7 years ago

Good start, keep on writing quality hubs

11. bgpappa profile image82
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

12. Nanashi profile image41
    Nanashiposted 7 years ago

Congrats man! Good luck to you in the future.

13. wymyczak66 profile image93
    wymyczak66posted 7 years ago

wow thats awesome! I'm so jealous, I've been here for almost a week too, but no dough...

I always thought to myself as I was joining hubpages "Jessie..if you make $5 off of this website, even if it takes a year to make that $5, it'll be worth joining."

great job, you should be really proud : ) I'm proud of you and I dont even know you! haha

14. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

That's great.  I think it's nice for people to see others' successes/good results, so they know there can be results with the right kind of Hubs.

15. view profile image79
    viewposted 7 years ago

Congratulation and best wishes.