jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Question about Spam Comments

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Are we supposed to get notification of comments that are classified as Spam? 

I only just noticed that we can now "delete forever" comments, so I went to the Comments section of my account and applied the "Denied" filter so I could delete them.  I'd never used the filters before, so out of curiosity I selected "Spam" - and discovered a bunch of comments in there, that I had never seen!

The majority were perfectly good comments and I do apologise to the commenters, who must have thought I was ignoring their comment!

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Same here.

As a result I went through every one of my hubs to check them all. But it was only two or three hubs that had this problem.

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Thanks Marisa,

I just went to check my spam comments - I had only one - and it clearly was *not* spam. I think this is something HP staff should look into.

3. 0
    IĆ°unnposted 8 years ago

hehe, marissa, your post made me go look too and I didn't have any.  Yay!

but you know, if you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't even have looked. smile

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I had to look too. Unfortunately, I had loads of them. I didn't even know about this. There was one real comment in there though, so thanks. I will have to check there more often.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

I've never been notified of spam comments.  I just go take a look once in awhile.