jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Question about username and author name

1. Suspect20 profile image82
    Suspect20posted 7 years ago

I was curious if there is a way to edit the author name that gets added to all Hubs I make.  it currently stamps "by Suspect20" at the top of my Hubs, which makes sense.  However There are a few sites I would like to share my work with, and where I want to use my real name Kevin W. as the author.  This is not something I considered when starting my Hubpages account, and was wondering if there is any way to change that without having to create a new account or edit my user name here. 

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure you can't change your user name.  However you're allowed to have more than one account at HubPages, so you could just sign up for another account under your real name.

If you're looking to establish credibility as an author then HubPages can be a good place to display your portfolio, so having a serious name rather than a nickname is a good idea.

3. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Marissa is correct you unfortuantely cannot change your user name you can delete the one you have or add an additional account it is your choice. My recommendation open another account if you are uncomfortable with this one. smile

4. Suspect20 profile image82
    Suspect20posted 7 years ago

That is unfortunate.  I know 12 hubs isn't a lot, but I am proud of those and have shared the links with friends and family already. 

Perhaps I will add my author name in my profile somewhere, and add it in manually on my Hubs as a signature at the bottom... if this is allowed?  Maybe an author name separate from the username will be something that is added at a later date.  Anyway, thankyou for the quick response and answers.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

As Donna said, you can put it in your first text capsule or as the title of your first text capsule (by Real Name). It will still say by Suspect20 under your title, as well, but at least your name will be attached.
      When I published my first couple of hubs I didn't realize that my screen name (which is also my real name) would be automatically posted-- so I had two by lines for awhile.

and yes-- you can add your name at the end if you prefer.

5. 0
    mtsi1098posted 7 years ago

then is there a way to copy hubs from one account to the new one - that way suspect would be able to get the work already done under the old id

6. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 7 years ago

You could put in in your first text capsule heading.

7. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

You could rather easily print to pdf, using either a firefox plug in or using the "print" option in the share options at the bottom of each hub (if you didnt write the hubs in a seperate text file)

The rest of teh formatting and capsule creation shouldnt take much time and gives you an opportunity to edit and tweak

8. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I'd like to use my real name, but I like my anonymity too much. I'm a fugitive on the run. smile