Please, Criticise me!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image0
    James Agbogunposted 14 years ago

After two weeks of posting and writing, i Thought it is essential am criticised. No limit! You may be wrong. It may be a question that i might have the answer to.I may continue in my present state, or re-define my approach due to public opinion.

2. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

James it depends I guess on what you're writing for. To share your knowledge, or to make money.

Either way, your hubs would benefit from being broken up, at least visually. Insert some pictures, either text wrapped or full capsule.

The hubs I scanned come in at over 500 words so length wise, they're ok. Grammatically correct etc.

Like I said - what is it you're aiming for?

1. profile image0
      James Agbogunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1, I want to chair my thoughts.
      2,If there is anyway this could be capitalised on to attract money, it will be ok.
      3,How do i text wrap or use full capsule?
      4,I think your hubs are going to be helpful.
      5,Am very grateful for the informations.

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

James, in sharing your thoughts you may consider splitting up the typed of hubs that you write.
    For example you could write commercial hubs aimed at promoting products and supplying good information to help the buyer, and write other stuff for yourself. smile

1. profile image0

So, i can combine both. That is a very nice information. But can i do that at this early stage when traffic to my hub is not that high?

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure James, you can even make a separate hubber name (if you use a different email address) for your commercial sites and separate them completely.This is allowed and ethical. You can also make hubs in series of numbers or part 1 part 2 etc. smile

1. profile image0

It is very clear today that it is essential to speak out. I think the series will very well help. One area i have been avoiding is that of making my Hub contain real life events. I wanted to make it a form of political information sites specific to real life events in a particular country. But i do not know the implication.

2. viryabo profile image95
          viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this info Earnest, though meant for James. Always thought about writing and breaking up in parts, but wasn't quite sure if it was allowed. Now i know. smile

4. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

There are many ideas over here at hubpages.

A beginner can surf through hubpages and can get loads of good information on almost anything.

1. profile image0

The first day i started, i was given informations on maximising your traffic by connecting to other sites. I thought i understood, But when it came to the practice, i could not find where to start from.

5. earnestshub profile image80

it takes time and interaction with others to get the hits started, then you will learn how to get keywords working for you by playing around with them over time. You just keep learning a bit at a time really, it is fun! smile

6. earnestshub profile image80

The implication is that this may help you to gain "authority" as a writer, and long term that's a good thing.
    Making money out of adsense requires that those hubs have product focus, and do not contain anything else other than your review and thought's on the products you are promoting on your hub. I hope that helps a little? smile.

1. profile image0

I thank you very much on this expose. I shall begin working towards that goal. I might have some hurdles to overcome in the actual process. I mustlearn from the way you hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)