jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

How come my Fans go down?

1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

Am I offending people with my Hubs? or is it simply the ebb and flow of Hubpages? But I keep on losing fans on here - I haven't had time to check out all my fan's hubs yet, but I will - is that perhaps the problem???

1. blondepoet profile image80
      blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am sorry to hear I have not heard of that problem before. That is a hard one to answer. smile

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I went to your profile and I can say that  most of your funs are worth 10 regulars, so you should be happy. I'm sure the ones who quit, were worth nothing smile

3. LVM profile image53
      LVMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm one of the FAN CLUB experts here, LOL.

I think I've read a thread somewhere where hubbers were talking about and suggesting that HubPages incorporate a way of removing one's fan.  You see, if someone becomes your fan, the only way to lose him or her is by being de-fanned, and you have no control over it, you cannot expulse your own fans.

You're lucky you don't need a defanirizer.smile

2. profile image61
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

I can't get my fans to go down, you must tell me yer secret smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thats cuz they love ya parties Badco smile! me hearties!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am your fan but............no dice

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Just read other hubs , your sure to find many interesting hubs and leave a comment on the ones that impress you .

Sometimes (if I remember) I also copy n paste my latest Hub URL after my comment, nudge nudge now come n read mine lol
    Yea I know bout as subtle as a brick, but others might cruise in click too.

Like the saying goes:

Build a bridge ,and they will come wink

4. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Do not worry, you are doing fine. Some fans are not real fans and may drop off. You have good fans, so you will not get that very often. smile

5. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all the comments! It's nice to know I have some good fans! I'll look forward to reading their hubs and hopefully learn from them!

6. LVM profile image53
    LVMposted 7 years ago

I went on a de-fanning frenzy quite lately and maybe I'm one of the fans you're missing.sad

SimeyCposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL no problem! I understand the problem of having too many emails!

7. GlstngRosePetals profile image79
    GlstngRosePetalsposted 7 years ago

Interesting my problem is I am new and don't have many fans so I don't have that problem. My friend Aevans told me not worry about that and to focus on my writing. So from one new hubber to another do not worry just keep on writing.

SimeyCposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL thanks - I didn't have many fans (still don't!) - so every one I lost made me worry! You are right though - I'll focus on writing and forget about 'fans'!

8. seamist profile image81
    seamistposted 7 years ago

Maybe it had nothing to do with you or your writing. Maybe they were just defanning as a whole so they wouldn't have so many email notifications of new hubs.

working