Looking for a Third Ad Revenue Site to Write for...

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (60 posts)
  1. profile image0
    MistHavenposted 14 years ago

I already write for eHow and Hub Pages, but I'm looking for another, similar site to write for in order to reach my personal income goal.

Any sugguestions? What sites do you recommend?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have some friends who write for Squidoo.com , I kept meaning too but been procastinating smile

Theres another one of my profile page too recommended by univitedwriter wink

Good Luck

2. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Howtodothings.com

PS. These guys have to approve your articles though b4 its published - otherwise they seem fine.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do very well through HowToDoThings.

1. viryabo profile image94
          viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

UW, just joined HowToDoThings and want to know if one can make money there. It doesn't matter how small, but does it have earnings potentials? I'm registered with eHow as well, but i usually trust your judgement so want to know your views.

Well, half of my AdSense earnings comes from the site and I only have 10 articles published. That's around $1 a day lately.

1. viryabo profile image94

Thanks for the info UW. I think i'll give them a shot. smile

3. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Depends on whether you're looking for revenue share or straight-up payment.

4. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's a lot of buzz about Infobarrel at the moment.  However with only 23 Hubs, you haven't even scratched the surface of Hubpages yet!

5. viryabo profile image94

Infobarrel.

6. livewithrichard profile image70
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can try triond.com I have a few articles with them earning a few cents each month.

Cool might try them Richard , you always have good advice ,thanyou.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

From everyone I've spoken to, Triond pays very poorly compared to HubPages - they're a cents per article rather than dollars per article site! 

Of course, there is another option to consider:  notice which of your Hubs does well and consider starting your own site on the topic, once you've learned a bit more about SEO, promotion etc.

1. candice5 profile image58
          candice5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

poorly it doesn't pay that was where I was until I came here, Very disillusional

7. prasannasutrave profile image57
      prasannasutraveposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please visit
      http://hubpages.com/hub/How-Easily-You- … se-Revenue
      you will get some revenue sharing sites.

8. smanty profile image58
      smantyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, the first site that I ever joined was Triond.com. It is a pretty "laid back" site. By that, I mean you can publish pictures, videos, and articles. The average value for each type of publication is different though. I think I make around $0.50 for every 1000 views to my pictures, but I make anywhere from $2 to $5 for every 1000 views for my articles. When I say this, though, I am purely looking at the Triond ad program (similar to the Hubpages Ad Program) and not Google Adsense. You can connect your Triond account to your Google Adsense account for extra money. I am not sure about other people's experiences, but I have noticed a pretty high click rate for Triond content.

The HUGE benefit to Triond is the payout rate. For people beginning to write on the site, you will have no trouble reaching the payout because it is only $0.50. Your earnings do roll over every month, but you should have no problem making $0.50. Also, it is a great place to backlink your articles and websites from Hubpages (that's what I do a lot).

Good Luck with your goal by the way!

9. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suggest you continue to write here as you don't have that many hubs already written. You can still earn good money here.

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Hey MistHaven...I haven't found any...of course I actually gave up looking and pursueing other things at the moment. GOOD LUCK finding a 3rd.

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Upgrade the earning power of your existing Hubs by upgrading your existing hubs. smile

1. profile image0
      MistHavenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think they've been upgraded as much as I can stand, lol. I wrote some of them without the mindset I have now, and it'd probably be better to write better, newer ones than to keep trying to optimize old Hubs.

I'd rather get revenue share, because most sites with straight-up payment aren't worth the effort.

True, I'm still a fledgling here, but I want to build up 3 streams at the same time because I like to bounce around alot. Also, I made a bet with one of my frat brothers to be financially free by June 6th next year, so the sooner I get started the better.

Thanks to everyone who commented thus far; I'm gonna take a crack at Squidoo, Infobarrel and howtothings and see how they turn out!

Good for you !

2. lrohner profile image69

If you're a decent writer and have a broad knowledge of things, you can easily make close to $1,000/month on places that pay up-front. Demand Studios pays $15.00 for 300 words on topics that they've already researched and you get to choose from AND you don't have to do any keyword research at all.

I don't like sites where you're sharing 100% of the revenue. At least on HP I can track what's going well and what isn't. Other sites that give an across the board split on AdSense kill me, because you can't track what is going on, therefore can't make things better.

I wish that Demand Studios accepted authors from places other than the US

1. lrohner profile image69

I wish they did too. They could certainly benefit from your knowledge and expertise.

1. Real Estate Lady profile image60
              Real Estate Ladyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know. . .I'm kind of glad it's American only. I write almost fulltime for them.

1. profile image0
                Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are plenty, and I do mean plenty, of writing jobs at Demand to go around.

2. sunforged profile image71
            sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I write for demand studios frequently and then use the research to write hubs,ac and for my own sites

demand studios provides content for these publishers

#  Filter by Publisher

eHow

GardenGuides.com

Happy News

Knol/eHow

Knol/GolfLink

Knol/LIVESTRONG

Knol/Trails

Knol/Travels

Mania

Rsportscars.com

The Daily Puppy

Travels

Pluck On Demand

So you can always check top see what options the indiv publishers have for you...tey prob pay more! since the middle man doesnt get a cut

Hey I will look into this, thnx I just can't be bothered writing for not much. Bad eh!

3. profile image0
            ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever thought of just registering with a fake American address wink

I know that its naughty, but if you earn by adsense or paypal.... they are never going to need to know whether you actually live there.

Naughty boy lol ,actually I did that when I was living in New Zealand ,now Im in the states dont know what all the fuss was about , must be to do with advertisers..isnt it always..wink

1. profile image0
                ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have done this a couple of times, although on both occassions I logged back out mumbling something like "they can keep their bloody site", as they were both rubbish anyway big_smile

lol pretty much summed it up for me too ,although I think if I recall it was something to do with real estate enquiries ,how silly is that to limit the buying market...like duhh..

My biggest problem now though is the spam..crap!! some sites paying up to $25 bucks selling off emails..unreal. They know the average joe lunch-box is only ever gonna grizzle.
                  The internet is like an neverending circus of clowns ,roll up ,roll up ,gimme ya money!

2. candice5 profile image58

I know someone that tried and they got an e mail asking to verify, so they chickened out.
              The address had come up as invalid whatever that meant.Well obviously I know what invalid means, just couldn't figure How they knew.

2. profile image29
          564626posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree this is hub pages biggest benefit.

4. kerryg profile image85
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

Squidoo
    Infobarrel
    Bukisa

5. Pumpkin head profile image60
    Pumpkin headposted 14 years ago

I like squidoo myself smile

Unlike hubpages, you can make a decent amount there writing about total junk as long as it get visitors. All the clicks are thrown into a pot sitewide instead of depending on good keywords to do well

6. AsherKade profile image59
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

registry.ning.com

POets and Writers Registry....

get you more exposure than anything...which is good when starting off...

Thanks Asher

UW.. I wrote comments and voted you up on shetoldme.com

sorry I didnt sign up under you, but I am being supportive smile

2. profile image53
      veeshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm new here, but I tried to sign up for world POETS and WRITERS REGISTRY, but membership is by invitation only. How does one get invited? Thanks

7. candice5 profile image58
    candice5posted 14 years ago

I am not sure wether this is legal in TOS or not, but I have been running shops on a Internet basis I won't name the crowd, but you set up to 5 shops, No charge and get to place product in your shelves which is then open to the public to buy.
    Its a great l;esson in keyword use as you can see right away How well you are doing as you write the product up.
    Excellent way of earning as well as writing, and they are Google friendly.
    I have a fashion one a Teckno one a Coffee one a makeup one and a Art products one. Takes a bit of work setting up. But enjoyable. If it is OK for me to name them, someone let me know and I will place up the details.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

You can name the site, just don't post a link. You're allowed to post links to all your shops in your profile, though, which I recommend you do - then you can refer people there.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Sounds interesting , are they real products (like Ebay) or virtual products that you are selling on behalf of other companies?

Real products Oh bugger it its called Zlio,but I didn't say it the Dog Did.
        Have a look at it fashion clothes kids stuff everything it is cool and seems to have worked for alot of people. They do all the handling, you can do clicks or you can alternatively get paid royalty on product sold.
        Trick is finding what people want, and then pushing it with all the right keywords. You can buy the stuff yourself and make money from your own sales too. Shame I can't give you my link BOO HOO>

8. profile image29
    564626posted 14 years ago

Why don't you write more hubs??

also, search "largest list of adsense revenue sharing websites on google"

I got big list but not tried many of them.

No not that keen on writing all the time, I seem to ditch the writing and end up in the Forums, I get educated there.
      I am not ablle to name the Site, as I think it may breach there TOS but everyone apparently has heard of it. Obviously except me.

9. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

There are a lot of adsense revenue sharing sites but the thing is that I have not found anything better than hubpages/

Is that an Amethyst? wow pretty ring on your avatar

10. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

I have done a good deal of research on buying and selling jewelery especially diamonds that's why I changed my avatar so that my friends can get to know what I am interested in at this moment and How I am feeling? Visit my profile to find out.

11. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

How about associated content?

12. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

I just started with Infobarrel the link to which you can see on my profile page. My articles were indexed fast an have even appeared in the first page of google. However, I cannot say how the earnings would be as of now as i have started writing only effective 1st Sep 2009.

13. BristolBoy profile image62
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

I would also recommend Infobarrel.  Have 6 articles so far and they seem to be very good and I have earned a fair amount considering I only have 6 articles.  Many experienced people are also saying Infobarrel is a good site for the future which may start to rank higher in search engine results than hubs.  I have an article on an area in Bristol called Cribbs Causeway on both Hubpages and Infobarrel, and when searching for this 'Cribbs Causeway' using Google.com the hub is at position 10 but the Infobarrel at position 5.  One thing I have noticed is that hubs seem to rank higher in Google.co.uk than Infobarrels though. 

Whilst I am not sure if that is the case, the fact that the company pre-approves at least the first ten articles for each writer helps ensure articles are of a good quality. 

It is also important to ensure there is a diversified earnings.  It's alright earning $1000+ a month through Hubpages, but if the website were to close down bang goes the earnings.

1. lrohner profile image69

Hmmmm...I just Googled 'Cribbs Causeway' and your HP article is ranking 4th while your Infobarrel article is ranking 5th.

14. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I just went over to InfoBarrel, and I'm not quite sure I'm liking their TOS:

5. Rights Granted. By submitting your Original Content for publication on the Site, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grant InfoBarrel, and any of its affiliates (hereinafter also referred to as "InfoBarrel"), a irrevocable, perpetual, unlimited free of charge and exclusive right to publish the Original Content on the Site and/or on other Internet Sites the Original Content shall be referred to by InfoBarrel (hereinafter also referred to as the "Site"), as InfoBarrel shall deem suitable under the terms and conditions of this Agreement, as well as allow users of the Site to view and further use the Original Content, free of charge, for any such purpose permitted by InfoBarrel, provided such use shall not be for profit generating purposes. Without derogating from the above, InfoBarrel shall be entitled to edit, delete, cutback, rephrase, reproduce, copy, translate, merge, add, use and make use of the Materials, in whole or in part, in any way or manner and at any time, as InfoBarrel shall deem appropriate in its sole discretion.

6. Author's Rights. You shall continue to retain all authorship and copyrights to the Materials submitted for publication through the website.

So I don't get it. We retain copyright but give InfoBarrel the right to do with it as they see fit?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So, infobarrel, howtodothings or HP? What will you people prefer as a major stream of earning?

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

This looks rather like Helium's TOS.  Basically, by posting on Infobarrel you're giving them First Rights.  You retain the copyright but you've also sold them the right to keep the article in perpetuity and republish it if they like - which, if you subscribe to the concept of duplicate content, means you're basically left with nada.

In the old newspaper days, First Rights was not such a huge deal because it meant you retained the copyright and could resubmit the article to other magazines after a suitable time interval.

15. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Hubpages all the way. Proven better then Squidoo and any other site so far*!

~thranax~

*some share sites were never compared.

16. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Try Triond

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I recently signed up to Wizzley
      They are an ad sharing rvenue site and I am already seeing a rise in adsense in 10 days time..

17. Christene profile image59
    Christeneposted 12 years ago

Squidoo & Wizzley

18. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

ok now I just joined squidoo..wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)