jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

ebay code

1. Mr. Philip M. profile image56
    Mr. Philip M.posted 7 years ago

I'm being to told to upload ebay file to base directory of my hubs. How do I do that? I have the file saved and ready to go; I just don't know where to add to my blogs.
    Thanks, phil

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You'll see an "activate" button on the left of the eBay affiliate line - paste the activation code from your ebay file there, then you should be able to confirm your account.

By the way, HubPages is not a blogging site and your Hubs should be more like magazine articles than blog posts - you need to learn the difference if you're hoping to make money here!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Phil,

You'd only do that with a web site where you own the domain itself.  Here you just need to enter your account number on your affiliates page.

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Your being fed old info (at least from relache), if you have a brand new epn account you do in fact have to upload a tracking file, not just your account number. Hubs has created a method for this

Search the forum for ebay partner network..sorry just dont feel like searching for you.

Im sure the process is explained in the affilaite section of your account anyway..you have to submit the code, and then jump back to the epn to confirm ...there is a tiem limit so do it in one session

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's what I was describing, sunforged.  You don't have to upload a file, you just have to paste the tracking code into the screen that opens when you hit "activate" - HubPages does the rest.

1. sunforged profile image69
        sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thought so, thats why i threw in the parenthesized limiter

i guess upload/ paste could be confusing

so OP follow MW's consul- there is a clear "activate" button ..none of the other programs have it...so it sticks out

working