jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Store room?

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

First of all, hope you all had a 'great holiday couple of weeks'. I have a question, as I'm just done clearing up my home of christmas decoration etc. I'm wondering if there is a "store room" for seasonal hubs? Or do I have to delete them? If there is such an animal-where and how do I use it? 
    Please! Promise not to laugh. But no high teck mambo jumbo. My brain is still in "Turn computer on-into typewriter mode" So make it simple for this computer-age simpleton. (You promised, not to laugh.)
    thanks regards Zsuzsy

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
      Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

they don’t get picked up by where they are on your hub account they get picked up by the Google crawlers and links to them from where ever, as people around the holiday again start Google (ing) the terms (keywords in your hub tags etc..) the ads will come up just like they did when you made em, actually they will be more efficient because of the year they may have gotten seasoned (more link backs) people do search for xmas sites all year round to get ideas or just to look something up. why delete them? that’s ludicrous. *smiles* 

I have a suggestion to the Huber community and newbie’s alike.. this holiday thing is huge when it comes to hub hits (duh) so why wait till the last minute to make the hubs? I'm thinking of taking a month to just create the ultimate holiday list for major holidays and even minor ones, then let the research begin.. write a bunch for each holiday for different things then publish them, let them get seasoned till the holiday traffic picks up, write some hubs off season that link back to the holiday ones, i.e. cookie recipes of a variety can have "Christmas cookies" (link to hub for Christmas cookies (which links to other things "eggnog?" building a network of sites this way interconnected with off holiday hubs could be a great way to keep them going off season and build a network of link backs yourself.. two fold opportunity.. you also may get the best holiday URL’s  by doing this off season! when no one else is..

its also a good idea to link cluster all your holiday hubs for each holiday then link them to ALL the holiday hubs hell make a hub for ALL holiday hubs and that’s it, put a small explanation about how holidays are great and here’s why (links to all hubs holiday related including other Huber’s)

Take care, and have a great day peeps..

1. Lissie profile image86
        Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thats's a good idea - there is a bewildering long list of holidays in Australia to start with! http://hubpages.com/hub/January-2008-ho … -Australia

2. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

Leave your seasonal hubs where they are Zsuzsy Bee, they will get a couple of hits over the next few months and during November they will start to pick up again.....jimmy

3. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84

Thanks you Jimmy for your quick answer! I guess the cleaning bug was trying to reach into my hubs too.
    regards Zsuzsy

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I unpublished one of my hubs which is season - the button is near the edit button at the top of the page - wanted my hubscore not to be dragged down - now I am not sure - google likes old pages - so maybe I should publish it again?

4. Stacie Naczelnik profile image88
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

Lissie, I think it is a good idea to leave them published.  I have a few holiday hubs, but I also have seasonal hubs.  My "How to Host a Healthy Cookout" is a bit out of season around here right now, but I still get hits once in awhile.  Plus, it will have been around for almost a year when summer hits.  I have the opportunity to start back linking it early.  It was fairly popular last summer.  This hub has the lowest hubscore of all of my hubs, but my overall hubscore remains fairly high.

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

I wouldn't recommend unpublishing seasonal hubs either.  Unless a hub has a score well below 50, it's unlikely that removing it will have any effect on your Hubber score, especially given the total number of hubs you have.

6. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84

Thanks everyone.Jimmy, Jericho, Lissie and Stacie, I appreciate all your input.

And thanks Paul for your answer. I will leave my "Hubs" where they are.
    regards Zsuzsy