jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My biggest project yet

1. kowings profile image78
    kowingsposted 7 years ago

This is my biggest hub yet. Please take a look and let me know if I'm working in the right direction.  Thank you.

http://hubpages.com/hub/To-Homeschool-o … stion?done

2. White Teeth profile image60
    White Teethposted 7 years ago

All in all I thought it was a pretty well constructed good hub. I disagree on a few points, but I don't think that necessarily takes away from any value as a hub.

I am glad you brought up the whole issue about having the aptitude to teach. I knew more than my parents when I was in the 7th grade, so them trying to home school me would have been a joke.

The part about the Ivy league and homeschoolers could be little misleading...I'm not sure...but the examples I have seen in the past have been parents with Phd educations thinking "outside the box", not the average homeschooler parent that might have a degree in accounting but never took science in college beyond "rocks for jocks".

The big success stories I have seen in terms of homeschoolers going to Ivy league schools have always involved science prodigies, but I don't know how it really works.

3. kowings profile image78
    kowingsposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the feedback.

I didn't see any of the issues with the Ivy league applications that mention in any of the articles I read, but that doesn't mean you're not correct. I'll need to do some more research on that.

4. White Teeth profile image60
    White Teethposted 7 years ago

Yeah, I don't know much about it, but the few examples I have seen it has been like the father had a PhD in physics and the children built their own observatory...that sort of thing...

The nagging problem I have with home schooling is....I am smarter than 98% of the population or so...and to me it looks like a pretty tough job...not something I want to spend 8 hours a day doing...Is some guy that barely finished college really qualified to do this?...Just look at some of the hubs that are written here...are these people qualified to teach?...anything?...