jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon HTML Code

1. one2get2no profile image89
    one2get2noposted 7 years ago

Can anyone tell where I can paste Amazon HTML code which serves as a link to an Amazon product please?

1. sassychic profile image60
      sassychicposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You know that is a good question! Let me know when you figure that out.

Hey for all ya others! I'm back! I've missed you guys for a long time! cant wait to get back into the swing of things with you guys!

2. Don W profile image84
      Don Wposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi one2get2no,

You can't place HTML code for Amazon links directly in to your Hubpages. You can edit text capsules in HTML mode, but only formatting tags are allowed. Anything else will be stripped out. This is a security measure that prevents the insertion of unwanted elements.

To display Amazon products on your hubs follow the method soni2006 described.

2. soni2006 profile image45
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Hi friend,

You do not have to put any amazon html codes or any types of codes in hubpages. It is all very well handled by hubpages. You just have to sign up for amazon, ebay, etc. via MY ACCOUNT tab if you do not have an account and if you have one, you have to go to your MY ACCOUNT tab, then AFFILIATE SETTNGS and then edit and add your affiliate codes from these sites.

After that, when you will be creating your hubs, you can add an amazon capsule, then hit the EDIT button, then CHOOSE SPECIFIC PRODUCTS or CHOOSE KEYWORDS (I always choose keywords) and then give that capsule a subtitle and click SAVE. You are done.

1. one2get2no profile image89
      one2get2noposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot for the info....smile

2. gadfly profile image60
      gadflyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So, does that mean I can't put Amazon Widgets or an aStore on my hubpages and if it is allowed, do you know how to do it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's right.

3. LVM profile image54
    LVMposted 7 years ago

Yes, you do not need to paste any HTML codes into your hubs.  And it's not only for Amazon ads.  It's the same thing for Google ads, eBay ads, and Kontera.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You can only use Amazon capsules to put Amazon products on your hub.