jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

All video hubs ?

1. Cls1321 profile image60
    Cls1321posted 7 years ago

I've seen a BUNCH of all picture hubs full of pictures of half nude women. Being a person who has taken the time and effort to write quality hubs, this always annoyed me.

I got to thinking though, are all video hubs allowed ?

If I wanted to make a hub that revolved around a certain niche and was simply videos would I be breaking any rules ?

I am not here to break rules, and I do realize hubs like that tend to piss a lot of people off, but I suppose thats why I am asking first if it is even allowed.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My hubs on fitness, eg: Biceps, Calves, Chest have PLENTY of videos, but I have information between each one, explaining how things work.

I think videos and photos enhance a hub. But if they are the sole content of a hub then don't be surprised if no one finds them.

2. PhilD41 profile image80
    PhilD41posted 7 years ago

I am not an expert, but I think the going "rules" deal with content, not presentation or media.  As long as the content of the videos was acceptable the hub should be as well.

Personally, like yourself, I prefer to write well though out hubs that could be useful to others.  I don't know that the others upset me, I just do read them.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Since search engines don't really "see" photos or vidoes, to make them the main form of content in a Hub is to be missing out on a lot.

Photo hubs are notorious for lots of low-quality traffic and an extreme lack of earnings.

4. Cls1321 profile image60
    Cls1321posted 7 years ago

Yea I prefer to write and I see what you mean relache. It is just a bunch of sports "big hits" and I didn't really plan on making it for money or views but rather because I was bored and thought it would be fun.

So I suppose as long as it breaks no rules I might have to put it together.

thanks for the responses.

5. JohnnyComeLately profile image82
    JohnnyComeLatelyposted 7 years ago

I have done one for horse racing videos.  So far it has done okay traffic - about 3/day.  It takes a fair bit of time to find the videos and it's a pain to do all the capsules, so I can't say it's any easier than just writing a hub.  I did have fun watching all the videos, though.

6. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I don't particularly like it when it's just photos, pictures and videos. It means there's a lack of actual written content on the writer's (or creator, rather) part. They're okay when used to complement a hub which actually has at least a fair bit of writing in it.

I also prefer it when photos are aligned to the right instead of taking up the whole width.

7. LVM profile image55
    LVMposted 7 years ago

Calling AD123, you are needed here.