jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'm confused

1. kowings profile image79
    kowingsposted 7 years ago

I posted this in another thread earlier, so I think it might have been missed.

I just posted what I think is my best hub yet, it's getting more traffic and more comments that all my other hubs combined, but it's sitting at a 52 hub score. Have I done something wrong, or am I just being impatient?  Here's the link for anyone who's willing to take a look:

http://hubpages.com/hub/To-Homeschool-o … e-Question

1. nicomp profile image61
      nicompposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't take the hub score seriously. There's no direct correlation between money and hub score.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Are you sure you haven't done anything against the policies of Hub Pages in this hub?
      Duplicate content usually result in low hub scores.

If it completely complies with the HubPages Guidelines, then write to them about the low HubScore.

3. Helen Cater profile image60
      Helen Caterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I looked It's great I think you need to give it time.I did a new one today and it's gradually creeping up to the 60's

2. PhilD41 profile image79
    PhilD41posted 7 years ago

I think this is a matter of impatients.  It can take a while for the system to gather stats for hubs and start adjusting the score.  Give it a week or so.  If it is still low then start looking for causes.

3. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

kowlings smile

1 - give it chance to move! How long's it been there?

2 - if you want to publish hubs that start out with a higher score on being published, the create the hub, leave them in your account, then publish. That (to me) is horses for courses but that's up to you.

3 - you could tweak it, in my opinion. Make better use of headers, insert your keyword (homeschooling?) close to the header title but don't get spammy with it. More pictures. Enclose the link with a small synopsis of the site you're pointing at.

4 - you could potentially shift the top square ad block around. Go experiment

5 - Your url is (IMO) way long but you can't change it now smile

6 - If you want to know how to write a hub that becomes evergreen, that never goes out of fashion (such as homeschooling) go and read up on flagship hubs. Search bar ... use it tongue

7 - Calm! You live and you learn big_smile

And ps - go delete the other thread that's the origin of this one. Sometimes people are real busy and don't get chance to help straight away. Like me. This has taken about 15 minutes to think about, read your hub, check back on what it is you asked, then write and post.

1. kowings profile image79
      kowingsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

As usual you come to my rescue.

It's been there since last night, but I wanted it to be at 100 within three minutes smile

I'll go back and look at it with your suggestions in mind, but I didn't know you could move the ad blocks, I'll have to figure out how to do that.

Flagship huh? I'm doing a search now.

Thanks again for your help. I didn't mean to seem impatient, I was just afraid that the original post got lost since we weren't talking about the formatting before I asked that question.

1. frogdropping profile image86
        frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

One of these days I shall make one hub about who to read and why. Besides the fact that hubpages do in fact provide a lot of helpful info, many of the successful guys write about 'how to xxx' which gives you even more insight.

Many write regarding how they applied the techinques they discovered or why.

I keep saying this but there's a WHOLE lot of INFO on the site smile

But you can still ask, my young padawan big_smile