Kontera Experience ?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Cls1321 profile image61
    Cls1321posted 14 years ago

I don't have ANY experience with Kontera, as I have always simply used Adsense. I have been considering using Kontera WITH Adsense on my hubs but figured I would wait to make sure I can pass the monthly minimum.

I was wondering what experiences others have had with Kontera. Does it go well with Adsens ? earn better or worse for you with adsense ? Worth using in your opinion ?

I get anywhere from 150-300 daily views to my hubs currently if that helps anyone suggest to me whether it would be worthwhile to start now or if I should wait.

2. Helen Cater profile image62
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I was told that adsense and Kontera do not work well together so I deleted all mine...Was told this in a hub I read or a Forum...I have read so much...I am dizzy

1. Cls1321 profile image61
      Cls1321posted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I know the feeling =P

thanks for the response.

3. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

I had Kontera up on my hubs for a while.  Couldn't get past the monthly threshold even though I had a lot of clicks.  Didn't like the way they made my hubs look either with the underlining and pop ups if the cursor went anywhere near them.

Decided to get rid of Kontera all together and think I am the better for it. Just my experience, some others may have had better luck.

4. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

If you start using Kontera and then stop, and don't give them a 30 day notice, you violate their TOS.  So, be sure to read what you're signing up for.

I'm doing fine with Kontera.  It hasn't had any effect on my AdSense, evidenced by the fact that my AdSense is way up from July 2008 when Kontera was first added to this site.  But I'm one of the few folks here who's got enough pageviews to make Kontera viable.

5. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Relache suggests having over 10,000 views... a day? A week? I can't remember. But check out her hubs, I think it's in the earning one.

Unless you're pulling in enough ad impressions, and enough of those are being clicked, then if you're under the threshold that bgpappa has mentioned (which is $5) then you're not going to see any of that money.

1. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I suggest 10,000/week or more.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it has more to do with the topics you write on. I get almost double that and it took me three months to get a payout.

Every time I saw it on one of my hubs, there was non-appropriate advertising.

1. darkside profile image66
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's only one program that I know of that is worse with non-appropriate ads, and that's Infolinks.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have never heard of them. I am not even slightly impressed with Kontera - it took me almost 200,000 page views to make $100.

I suggest anyone who is think of using it takes a look at Relache's hubs and sees what she is writing about because she is the only person I know who reports a good success with them.

I think part of my success is due to a few of my referrals too.  You know how your ad codes are shifted to their Hubs 10% of the time?  I sometimes see other users URLs in my Kontera reports.

Kephira, if you can't manage to earn more than $5/month from Kontera, they just absorb your earnings.  But you putting it on other blogs may fix that for you.  I'm about to add Kontera to my personal website as a way of increasing my revenue stream from them.

6. LVM profile image57
    LVMposted 14 years ago

I wasn't getting any cent from it so I removed it a few days ago.

Congrats, you just violated their terms of service.  Nice move.

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seriously Relache, What are they going to do to the people who remove them without the 30 days notice. Throw them out of the program? Sue them? Click on their google ads and get them thrown out? How do they enforce this?

I've never signed up and probably never will (and I have the page impressions to warrant it). But Do they even notice when their ads are removed?

2. Mrvoodoo profile image58
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uh-oh, they'll be coming for you now.

Where you gonna run?  Where you gonna hide?  Nowhere, because they'll always find you... big_smile

3. melbel profile image93
        melbelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eh, the user wasn't making any money from it anyway.

1. Kadmiels profile image52
          Kadmielsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I actually use infolinks on all my persoanl blogs and websites and do alot better with them then i do kontera..

7. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Removing Kontera from my site was the best decision i ever took on HP. Within 24hrs of removal, i started earning from adsense. And i mean immediately. To get to their payout may have taken me years.

8. profile image30
    564626posted 14 years ago

I agree 10,000 page views per week then only you will earn some money from kontera. but adsense pay 10 times more then kontera.

9. reagu profile image64
    reaguposted 14 years ago

I do not activate Kontera only because I thought it's annoying.

10. blaise25 profile image74
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

i also read in a forum a negative feedback bout kontera...and i forgot whattahel they do lol

can you refresh my mind?

11. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

I've only just signed up for Kontera so I'll find out soon. So far I've only been getting 5-10 cents per day, but it's been less than a week yet so I'm going to give it a bit longer. I don't get even close to 10,000 view per week (I'm getting around 500 per day) so I hope I made the right decision. I did also add it to a couple of my blogs though. I'm hoping it'll work there cos so far they only have adsense in the sidebar, which doesn't do too well.

12. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

I do okay with Kontera, but the one thing I really like about them is customer service.
    I've had Kontera go above and beyond to help me with issues and to me that means a lot.
    This is opposed to "some" companies that shall go nameless that you have to do a human sacrifice just to get their attention.

13. Buster Bucks profile image91
    Buster Bucksposted 14 years ago

When I'm surfing the net for information, and come across Kontera links on someone else's article, I find it incredibly annoying.

So... I removed Kontera from all of my Hubs about a month or more ago.

My Adsense revenue keeps going up, and seems to have really shot up since removing the Kontera. Whether the two are related, I have no idea... but I do know that when I go to someone's article with Kontera, I always click away and find another article to read.

I suspect I'm not the only one who does this.

1. profile image0
      Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I guarantee you're not the only one who does this. Cute avatar by the way smile

14. vancouver profile image40
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

I have been reading up in some SEO forums and they all say the same thing, that adsense makes more sense smile

15. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I got rid of Kontera ads on my stuff.  Nothing much was happening with them, and I didn't really like a lot of them.  I gave the notice, but about two days later I got an e.mail from them that said all was discontinued.  If they had it set up that you could just let earnings build up that would have been one thing.  I really couldn't see giving them (even very modest) ad clicks and having them wipe out whatever meager earnings there were each month.  I gave them about eight months and didn't see much of anything happening.  Maybe that wasn't their fault, but if the deal is to earn x from x clicks I'm not a big fan of "except if there's only x you don't get any earnings".  I didn't have their ads on my Hubs for my health.  mad  lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)