jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How about something like HubNuggets with the tables turned...

1. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

I think there should be something like HubNuggets, but with new hubbers of one year or less voting on the ‘how to hub’ hubs and hubbers that speak at our “I know nothing at all level”. 

I spent 3-4 weeks reading great hubs and hubbers, but I had more questions than answers.  I must have a ream of Lissie’s articles printed.  I started to get some of the concepts, but still had no idea of what to do first.  I got the importance of backlinks, but didn’t know how to do them.  It took about 3 weeks for me to start stumbling on hubs like Sandra Rinck’s hub on backlinking, or relache’s ‘Fine Tuning Your Hub Experience’ and ‘Improving your HubScore’. 

I understand we can go to the forums, but I think it would be beneficial if new hubbers had a place to go to quickly access the top 10 or top 50 hubs on Getting Started, Backlinks, RSS, Affiliates, etc, as voted by new hubbers.  Have a notice about the page when new hubbers register.  Also post on opening pages.  I read hubs and forums on HubPages about 3 weeks before joining.

1. dohn121 profile image87
      dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's not a bad idea...But on the extreme hub make-over forums any an all of your questions will be answered by able and willing hubbers 24/7 or they can give you a link where they believe will be most beneficial to you. There's also the HELP button too whenever your lost...I guess what I'm trying to say  is that you will always find help here at Hubpages as people here are are always willing for you to succeed, so long as your sincere about being successful.

Hope I helped.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 7 years ago

Wordplay has written an excellent hub which might be a big help.  She goes through everything step-by-step.  There are probably lots of others, as well but I remembered seeing this one.

Make Money Writing Hubs

In the hub, she has a heading about getting links.

Hope this is helpful.

3. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Thanks dohn & Shirley.  Points taken and I appreciate your comments.  The WordPlay hub is exactly what I'm talking about, along with the ones I mentioned.  Part of my point is that hubs and forum comments come in beginner, intermediate and advanced.  I just wish the "code" was clearly marked!

4. Shirley Anderson profile image85
    Shirley Andersonposted 7 years ago

Aww, gotcha RM, I think.  Hmmm, I'm not sure how HP would do that since they're all published individually by hubbers.  Maybe Larry could set up a category for the hubs that would allow any written on this subject matter to be listed as 'beginner', etc.

It might worth asking Larry about it.  He's nice, won't bite you or anything.

1. rmcrayne profile image94
      rmcrayneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think I've heard that name.  Tried to search/find staff, but maybe I'm too tired.  How do I contact Larry?