jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Creepy unverified comment posters solution.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

After having a recent problem with a creepy unregistered poster on one of my hubs, relache kindly made the following suggestion to a post I put on the Hubbers Hangout forum. This gave me an idea that could be a better alternative, as you will see from my reply below. Is this possible, and could it be done, as I reckon it could solve a load of similar problems and the idiots will soon get bored of targetting hubpages (with a bit of luck)???

relache wrote:
    "I'd suggest switching the comment capsule to only allow registered users to submit comments.  Either that person will register, thus allowing HubPages to do something, or they'll get bored from not being able to comment and move on.

Then when they stop annoying you, the comment preferences can be changed back".

"Not a bad idea  Relache, and thanks for the suggestion. It just seems a bit harsh on the genuine people who have comments to make or questions to ask, especially as that hub does get a lot of traffic. A shame there is no option to allow only registered user's comments to appear immediately, whilst unregistered user's comments need to first be approved by the author, that would be better still".

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If you set the Hub so that all comments have to be approved, that's another way to deal with this person.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
      mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi relache, already did this on the relevant hub, but as I said on the other forum, I don't like to do this as after an author goes to bed or leaves their computer, often some decent fellow hubbers get into conversations on your hub that are on topic, and this can be good fun, (plus good for traffic, hubscores etc). Stops working if the comments won't be approved until a day later though.

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

No objection smile

4. LVM profile image55
    LVMposted 7 years ago

No comment on the comments on comments

5. sabrebIade profile image86
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

I have all of my Hubs comments moderated and I think it is a really good idea.
    Some of the comments I have rejected...well you'd have to see them to believe them.

6. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I go through all of my comments and either approve or reject them. I've had some "weird" ones, but nothing too terrible...yet.

7. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

Hey, misty, this might be the guy! yikes