Vincent van Gogh's Relatives - Do you Know Any?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

Vincent Van Gogh has a very interesting Family Tree.

Here's the ones I know about.

His dizzy aunt - Verti Gogh
    The brother who worked at a convenience store - Stop N Gogh
    The grandfather from Yugoslavia -  U Gogh
    His magician uncle - Where-diddy Gogh
    His Mexican cousin - A Mee Gogh
    The Mexican cousin's American half-brother - Gring Gogh
    And his niece who travels the country in an RV - Winnie Bay Gogh

Do you know any more to add to the list?

Time for me to Gogh.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I laughed so hard that I could not think about any more of van goh's relatives. LOLOLOLOLO big_smile

2. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

His dancing, married, female, second-cousin who came of age in the 60's (and hyphenated her name):  Gho Gogh-Boots

What about his negative great nephew who hinders progress:   Noe Gogh

And his married, free-spirited, niece who married an Asian man:  Ima Gogh-Ing

3. Eric Graudins profile image61

Well done  Lisa lol

I'm sure you could think of some AEvans:

Like his bird watcher brother -  Flamin Gogh lol

4. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

How about that card-crazy cousin? Bin Gogh

Or that light on her feet niece - Tan Gogh

Or maybe even that rocker neighbour - Indi Gogh!

5. Lisa HW profile image62

Then there's his seriously ill cousin:  Tutchen Gogh

and his ever-fleeting, impatient, second-cousin:  Gutta Gogh

6. Eric Graudins profile image61

The fruit-growing cousin - Man Gogh

And the French brother in law who builds small plastic houses - Le Gogh

7. Lisa HW profile image62

and the paternal, married, low-class, aunt with too many clingy children:

Lett Gogh-Uhmee

and that waffling great nephew who lives in the US, and whose name is often confused with Leg Gogh's:   Egg Gogh   (He's married to Mable Surrup.)

8. Eric Graudins profile image61

We've got to stop meeting like this Lisa smile

I think I'll escape by driving off in my Gogh Gogh Mobile.

9. Lisa HW profile image62

I'm going to gogh, but before I do I just had to mention the drum-playing great-grandson:

Ring Gogh

Oh, and that overweight great-nephew:  Carr Gogh

10. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

LOL

Well, if you guys ever learn how to pronounce foreign words, you will find that none of these are relatives lol

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/321174/va … unciation/

11. Eric Graudins profile image61

Wow Mark,
    Thanks for that very authoritative link, although I think that I may have to flag your post as being self promotional.

Because at around 14 seconds, it mentions
    "Pompous, artificial, inflated, pretentious A***holes. lol

12. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It was pretty good fun though! smile

13. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

lol

That guy is insane.

He can pronounce "Gogh" though. wink

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He sure can! That is only the second person I have heard pronounce it. The other was a Dutch Australian painter friend. smileI still can't get my throat to cooperate well enough to say it! smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I lived in Holland for 8 years, so not a problem for me. this is the hardest w9rd in the Dutch language - and was a useful test during WWII to catch German spies - "scheveningen". The "sch" requires the throat sound with an "s" in front and the en is pronounced soft "a".

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish I had lived in Holland! I would be useless as a spy then! My dutch friends make sounds our lyre birds have trouble duplicating! smile

14. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Gogh Away...

15. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

That video was funny. For a bit I thought I was in the religion forum. LOL it made me forget about my original comment I was intent on though. LOL Oh I remember now;

Vincents 3 cousins, Shadrac, Meshak and Abednegogh.

16. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

This is fun I just love family trees

don't forget to add the health nut aunt Gink-Gogh

his aussie pet Din-Gogh

his banking uncle who owns Wells Far-Gogh

his speech therapist cousin Lin-Gogh

his second cousin twice removed on his mothers side, you'll recognize his name as it's everywhere Lo-Gogh

and last but not least even though its very sad, poor old Van Gogh had problems with his Lumba-Gogh

now I really gotta gogh get some work done

17. Lisa HW profile image62

Then, too, there was his musically gifted niece:  Archipela Gogh

And is self-centered great granson:   Eee Gogh

18. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

His Womanizing brother : Comin Gogh.

19. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

His distant cousin who is also related to ZZTop who named one of their albums in the 70's after him: Fandan Gogh

his brother-in-laws sisters kid who overrides trade barriers named:  Embar Gogh

this needed to be mentioned even though its not a family tree member but they are all involved: their favorite place to buy the real deal Cocoa from: Con Gogh

I should 'under-gogh' a head exam for continuing this thread

20. Eric Graudins profile image61

All very excellent responses.I had no idea that Vincent had such diverse relatives.

I found out about a few more today:

The nephew who drove a stage coach - Wells-far Gogh

An illegitimate son who plays percussion in a band - Bon Gogh

His panelbeating 4th cousin twice removed,  Ding Gogh

And last but not least, his golfing sister in law, Fore Gogh

21. Lisa HW profile image62

Has anyone mentioned his jumpy nephew:   Po Gogh

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)