jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Publishing scientific content

1. emdi profile image73
    emdiposted 7 years ago

I am getting an impression that HubPages are not much useful for publishing scientific content, mainly because reference to other sites are not encouraged. For instance, if I want to write about pancreatic cancer, how to avoid it, without giving references to my claims how will people believe it?

Correct me if I am wrong in understanding HubPabges.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'd say that impression is totally not true.  However, the building of "landing pages" that are designed just to try and drive visitors to one specific site is definitely discouraged.

All my Hubs have references to other sites, only I tend to just call them outgoing links.

2. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Stop by this page and click through and check out hubs that have outbound links to reliable sources.

2. MontyApollo profile image60
    MontyApolloposted 7 years ago

You just can't have more than 2 links to the same site.

Links to authoritative sites actually can help your ranking with search engines.

3. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

I think that we are very happy to have scientific hubs on HubPages. There are some things that we could do to make it easier to cite sources, which I would like to see us do in the future. But for now you can just use the link capsule or link within your text to cite your sources.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Having a specific capsule would be handy, but it's also a matter of habit. This hub by Tresero has been a great help to me as I've made a more determined effort to cite my sources in a Text Capsule that I title References.

Even if a Citing Source capsule was there as a constant reminder.