jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

I need duct tape to keep my hubs in correct 'Groups' ..arghhh

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

For example if one of my groups is 'Food' and I click my 'How to make easy Pumpkin Soup' to go there , shouldnt it go there and stay there?

Same with other nominated catergories, they wont or dont link all up?

Ive read HP do dah on groups ,and it should be working right.

Just wondered if anyone did something different,maybe Ive missed something?

1. LVM profile image53
      LVMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I noticed this too on one of my groups.  There were three hubs to the group but only a pair is always linked to each other and there was no way that I can make the three of them link together.

2. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

No, I don't think you've missed anything as I see the same thing.

Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for responding Jane smile felt like I was talking to myself for awhile there .

3. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

As far as I understand it (which could be way off!) all that linking hubs in groups actually does, is create an extra link at the end of the hub to the next/previous one in that group. Is there more?

I have noticed that the linking is not circular, but linear, so the first hub in the group will only have one link to the next hub. Whereas the 2nd hub in that group will have links to both the 1st and 3rd.

1. Cactrot profile image75
      Cactrotposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can also check stats of them in the "my account" per group. Very useful if you're one of those people with hundreds of hubs

4. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

Eaglekiwi, are you clicking on the "save changes" button after you move your hubs into groups?

Yes I most deinately am  Fawntia ,what a pretty name btw., but I think Susanna above might be onto it, linear ? ..like they link like a chain , I thought it would include all that I had  grouped?..

1. AEvans profile image70
        AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't feel alone I have been here 2 years and still find myself trying to correct the darn thing. smile

5. PhilD41 profile image60
    PhilD41posted 7 years ago

I had wondered how that grouping worked.  I might have to start using them once I have a few more hubs.  Thanks for the question Eaglekiwi, and the answer Susana!

6. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

Susana is right about how it works. If your hubs are doing what Susana describes then there isn't a problem. Hubs don't include links to every hub in a group, but only to the next and/or previous one in the set.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. smile

Ok cool thanks for that , then linking it is and not grouping as in a bunch of the same topics.

Have a great weekend everyone ,thankyou fawntia for responding too smile

working