jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

The Dead Zone

1. manlypoetryman profile image70
    manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago

This game is much like the forums themselves...you pick a topic...then when everyone is jamming away...commenting on that topic...you drop out of it...and then everyone else tries to do the same. The Objective: See who you can leave hanging...all alone on a topic.

Here I'll start the first one: The Dead Zone: Have you ever had a moment when you thought you were dead...or so close to it that...death was all you knew for sure...for a brief moment?

2. manlypoetryman profile image70

The irony here is I win...in my own game...that I just came up with...how cool is that!

Yeah Me!

http://www.icseguess.com/uploads/images/funny-dog.jpg

Ok...I'll admit...I'm a little bit goofy!

3. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 7 years ago

lol lol lol  What a winner !!

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this
  4. manlypoetryman profile image70

http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/MonkeysForSale.com_4798af1e1313a.jpg

Why...Thank You, Tantrum...Thanks for responding...I was starting to go a little bit "bananas"...over here in this forum post...by myself! You're a good man...or should I say "eye" !

5. tantrum profile image59

let's talk about the dead zone. Nice topic !! I like 'dark' !! big_smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image70
      manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Go for it my friend...I'm all:

http://plus.maths.org/issue41/features/parker/istock_ears.jpg

or did you want me to start?

6. tantrum profile image59

did you experience it ?

1. fierycj profile image86
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Dead Zone by Stephen King?

Nooo! LOL! Real dead zone. Experiencing death , or near death

2. manlypoetryman profile image70
      manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

For me...I've had times when I visioned a place that was not "Earth"...and had the magnificent feeling of all my cares being gone on several occasions....more than I can remeber exact details...but some stand out...more than others.

However two times....come to mind on this topic when I thought I was dead...or dying...like lights out...type of moments. One was when I almost choked...out of stupidity on my part. Eating on the run, literally...and realized i had used up all my time of air trying to swallow,...when i should've been doing something else? Eventually-did a self-Hiemlich manuever-'cause there was nothing but kids all around...who were no help. Makes you think?

The next is a longer story: but to make it quick: Long day at work-loaded up moving trailer to move 8 hours away for an interview the next afternoon. Drove the route many times...but failed to consider that my 6 cylinder car-might not do well on the hills (They weren't even big hills)with a loaded trailer behind it...on the way to new place. So, at about 4am...I thought I went through a cement barricade...after a slow trip through the hills...and screamed "bloody-murder" across Texas...I knew i was dead! Turns out...I was just exhausted...and my mind was playing tricks on me...there's mine.

Keep this rolling for me, my friend...I got to go out for dinner for awhile...Give this one a go, tantrum...let's get some more details on tantrum...for a change. No more one liners, my friend. it is time to get into your head (as scary as it may be) or "eye" and see what's going on in there...Hub Forums wants to know! big_smile

7. tantrum profile image59

I'm not giving myself in . Not now big_smile  If I did you'll experience anothe dead zone  on the spot  big_smile  lol

8. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

lie down and play dead........ i think i will too

9. XTASIS profile image60
    XTASISposted 7 years ago

a dead zone must be a place full of dead points.

So true in this case !! sad  ..... lol

10. manlypoetryman profile image70

I think this topic is dead...but hey...it wasn't for lack of trying...

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/files/articles/rip.jpg

G'Bye...Cruel Forum Topic Idea Hopeful... sad

working