New Interest Based Advertising... Hmm?

1. Dangazzm profile image66
    Dangazzmposted 7 years ago

The new Google interest based advertising pretty much tracks what people search for and place ads relevant to those search terms, not what we have on our pages as far as I know. Wouldn't that mean that a new strategy for making money online will be just go for traffic not a high CPC as this will be decided depending on what they search for most often? I may be kind of confused about what its changing to or if the change is already made and I didn't even notice it but sounds like a solid change that will help us make more!

1. kephrira profile image61
      kephriraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You're probably right to an extent, but interest based advertising runs alongside the contextual way its always done, and my experience is that there's more contextual than interest based, at least at the moment. So personally I'm just carrying on as if it never happened.

2. Dangazzm profile image66
    Dangazzmposted 7 years ago

Right, thanks for the input. I will be continuing the same as well. The system aint broke so I aint gonna fix it yet Still was a little interested in how that worked tongue That makes sense though to do like a partial contextual and some based off of what they searched for and see what yields results I guess that could go both ways on increasing CTR...