jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Keyword question

1. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

For any given keyword you must be either the best or the second best among hp hubs to appear on google search at all?

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No direct relation whatsoever. Yet indirectly being among the best hubs helps your ranking a bit, through internal backlinks. smile

Edit. Oops, looks like I misread the question. Yes if two hubs are already listed on google for your keyword, you have to outdo at least one of them to be even shown in search results at all. smile

Hauntyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering because I saw you mention on a thread that google ranks only two pages of a website for any given keyword. I thought if I wasn't among those two then I won't get ranked at all then...

1. Misha profile image75

I edited the post smile

That's what I meant to ask. Thanks. smile

Now I'm starting to wonder how on earth did I ever get those few hubs ranked at all. They had to be the second best or something, lol.

2. kephrira profile image59
        kephriraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Really? Why is that?

1. Misha profile image75

Cause BigG lists only two pages from the same domain in search results. smile

2. kephrira profile image59
    kephriraposted 7 years ago

I don't think so. Google makes their listings based on incoming links, keyword density etc. I'm pretty sure they don't include hp scores in their algorhythm.

If you have the keyword 'demolish a building' and there are two hubs on hp that are better for that keyword than your hub in terms of search engine ranking, does this mean your hub will never appear on google search anywhere at all?

3. kephrira profile image59

Not necessarily, I don't think, though it probably won't do very well even if it is included. You get hardly any traffic at all if your lower than the top 2-3 pages of the search results.

4. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

I still haven’t figured out the key word thing, I have hubs that are “saturated” with them and Google places them low, I have another that contains a key phrase only twice (once in the title and once at the end) and its on Google’s page one.

The phrase apparently scoring best is “Ashleigh Kenny RIP Constitution Tee Shirt” 

I cant figure it out. Any insight?

5. kephrira profile image59

Oh, just read the reason given, I'd never heard that rule before.

working