jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

New Hubscore Factor - Duplicate Content

1. jreitz profile image79
    jreitzposted 9 years ago

I'm pleased to announce a new factor that goes into assigning Hubscores.  Hubs which largely contain content that can be found elsewhere on the web are now penalized slightly.  This should help make the Hubscores better reflect our desire for quality original content.

Some authors who have republished the same content on a bunch of sites will likely see a drop in their Hubscores.  But our best authors should enjoy slight lift in their scores as a result of this change.

2. 0
    simcoposted 9 years ago

does that mean that when you "Digg" or "stumble" or "Furl" your item that the hub number will go down?

Because i thought that if you do any of the above the item that you "Digg" Stumble" or "furl" is put automaticaly on that web site,therby having duplicate content????

3. jreitz profile image79
    jreitzposted 9 years ago

No, linking to your hubs or Digging them or the like won't hurt the score at all.  In fact, it will might help it.

This mostly applies to people who post ezine articles, who plagiarize or who post the same Hub repeatedly with different titles.

4. 0
    simcoposted 9 years ago

Ahhh thanks for the reply, I understand now thank you.

5. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 9 years ago

What if someone else lifts original material from a Hubpage and goes and publishes it elsewhere?

Will the Hub Author be penalized on top of having their content scraped?

6. embitca profile image81
    embitcaposted 9 years ago

This is great. I get a little peeved when I see hubs with amazing hubscores where they've scraped the content from Wikipedia or Ezines. I write all of my hubs from scratch so it kinda bugs that some people do so much better by just using copy & paste.

7. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I love that HubPages does this, Thanks for this feature!