jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Saving your work elsewhere

1. alekhouse profile image80
    alekhouseposted 7 years ago

Does anyone have a good, expedient method for saving the articles they've written on hub pages for future use? A preferred place to save (e.g. Delicious) which is quick and reliable? A place to compile your work into categories, etc? I've thought of a few, but not sure they are the best ideas. I'd really like some input from the hubber crowd...Thanks

1. asalvani profile image73
      asalvaniposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think the best way is to write on your text editor and then when you are finished just copy and paste.
      If you need to add some pictures and organize it later with some amazon capsules it's easier if split in parts.

alekhouseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I know you can cut and paste, but if you have a lot of hubs you want to save, this will take a long time. I was thinking more along the lines of something like Delicious, where all you would have to do is bring up your hub and click on Delicious and it's saved. But can you categorize them afterwards? And just how many can be saved on Delicious? Do you know?

With delicious you can save unlimited number of sites, you can also categorize them, this is the same for your articles. You can also integrate a delicious buttons into your web browser so that you can use it easily. You can also create your own customized search that can browse your articles and the ones that you've bookmarked in private.
          So yeah I think is safe and possible, but make a copy of them anyway on your PC for future reference, you can never know what can happen to delicious:) 

It's very easy and straightforward if you have an account with them, it's all broken down for how to categorize your articles.
          So I wish you all the best luck:)

alekhouseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

asalvani: Thanks so much for all the good info. I already have Delicious in my browser, but thought maybe with all the articles I have, I would run out of space to save them. Good idea about saving on my PC as a backup. You never what the future brings on the internet.

2. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know some people here also use RedGage. I don't know how it compares to delicious though. I've posted some of my article links there and it seems easy enough to use.

Thanks for letting me know about this one, I will check it out

2. PhilD41 profile image60
    PhilD41posted 7 years ago

Personally I use Evernote.com.  I also use it to write them.  That way I have access just about anywhere (including my phone).  I am not exactly sure how it would work to import an existing hub, but it is designed to capture content from webpages so I expect it would work well.

working