jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Question Regarding Payout on Adsense and Amazon

1. Et al... profile image81
    Et al...posted 7 years ago

Hi All,

It has taken me a long time to earn my first $100. I am wondering if I wait and let it build up to say $141 dollars, then can I ask for a payout and get all $141...or do I only get paid in $100 increments?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Payouts tend to involve all monies once a threshold has been reached. 

I recommend you read the TOS that you agreed to with both programs as they cover such details.

3. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

You get the payment at the end of the payment period so it will normally be over $100.  For example if you passed $100 in August you get paid whatever is in your account at the end of the month.

4. Cactrot profile image74
    Cactrotposted 7 years ago

You can request a hold with adsense (not sure amazon) if you'd like to only reach higher payouts. This is good if you have expensive fees to cash checks etc, but no point otherwise

5. LVM profile image53
    LVMposted 7 years ago

Since the cut-off date for payments is the end of the month, you get whatever is your total at the end of the month, which would be greater than or equal to $100.

6. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

When I was first starting out online, I had Google hold my AdSense payout until early fall each year. My payouts were only $500 or $600 at the time, but it sure helped with Christmas shopping!!! smile

7. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Personally, I set my account to pay out automatically as soon as it reaches the minimum threshold.

I know too many people who have been banned by Adsense, often through no fault of their own.  If that happens and you've been letting your earnings build up, I don't think you get the balance. 

Better money in your pocket than theirs!

It's unlikely you'll get exactly $100 from Adsense anyway - once it hits $100, it keeps accruing till the end of the that month, then they pay you whatever the balance is.