jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

What title's have gotten you the most readers?

1. thesleepingman profile image61
    thesleepingmanposted 7 years ago

We all know that titles are what grabs the attention of readers for authors of all types of media. What are the titles you've had the most success with and what formulas have you used.

My best are:
    6 Techniques to Get More Readers to Your Hub Now

Article Soup- Ingredients for Making Money

The Best Approach to Gaining Muscle Mass Fast- Using Protein Diet Supplements

<no links please!>

2. 0
    Pacal Votanposted 7 years ago

One thing I'll not do is make a mention of money in the title. It's sooo cheap a strategy. wink

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I don't answer these sorts of questions, as I'd prefer to not have my best Hubs ripped-off by unethical web page builders.

1. LVM profile image53
      LVMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But HubPages has its own "Best Hubs" and "Hot Hubs" indicator.  Don't they somehow give your hubs away?

1. AEvans profile image73
        AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nope not necessarily. smile

2. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you!!! smile

4. johnr54 profile image69
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

The ones that attract the most readers are those that do well in the SERPs.  And those tend to be ones with the keywords early in the title, followed by something readable that someone would click on.  Something like:

Blue Widgets - Tips to Help Keep Your Widgets Blue

1. Kaabi profile image82
      Kaabiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ha ha, I know that's just an example title, but I found it funny (in a good way).  Titles that work well are ones with numbers (Five Tips to Write Better Tips Articles) and those that talk about controversial or popular topics.

5. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

For me I just play with words or think of what I am writing and a title pops in my head. Granted they aren't too popular but that's okay with me. I know my titles are fun and sometiems clever. lol

6. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

My current highest traffic hub is "Season 6 Medium TV Allison DuBois Smash NBC / CBS Show".  This was really just a joke based on watching lots of my daughter's Medium episodes.  Because season 6 is about to begin in the US, lots of fans are finding my hub.  It was never intended to 'earn' and doesn't have significant keywords but generates lots of lowish value, TV-related clicks.

Often Hubs I really enjoy writing do surprisingly well in terms of traffic even though they aren't SEOed!

7. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

The hubs I've written that are getting the best traffic are ones from the ideabank here at HP.

8. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

Susana - good point.  I recently tried the ideas bank and wrote about a topic I knew about but thought was of no interest - however traffic has been surprisingly good.