Disney buys out Marvel

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Ms Chievous profile image67
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

I just read that Disney bought out Marvel.  How wierd.. Marvel had it's own flair and didn't need a Disney influence. I am just envsioning Dumbo and Spiderman flying through the air togehter...

here is article
    http://www.cinematical.com/2009/08/31/s … rtainment/

What do you all think?

1. Luciendasky profile image61
      Luciendaskyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't get the picture out of my head about spiderman and dumbo... that is really weird... I wonder why Marvel had to sell.

2. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

I just read about this too.  For some reason it makes me think that Marvel will become very cheesy but who knows...we will see how it turns out.

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

huh...intersting. Just have to wait and see.

and lol yes I just pictured Dumbo and spider-man flying through the air together lmao

4. Ms Chievous profile image67

The Incredible Hulk in Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse...

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol there is a scary sight

2. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My first reaction was to wonder what Wiley Coyote will have to undergo after he ticks off the Hulk....

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pls stop torturing me, guys!

5. Ms Chievous profile image67

Hulk smash Goofy....
    ......Hyuck Hyuck Gawrsh...

6. profile image0

Maybe Wolverine can hook up with one of the princesses. they can ditch their prince charming and go for a mutant woohoo lmao

7. Ms Chievous profile image67

Yeah! Wolverine's hot  I'd take him over prince charming any day!  Let's see which Disney Princess would he like?....

8. profile image0

I'm thinking he would go for...Mulan? she's a fighter and doesn't take crap from anyone

9. Ms Chievous profile image67

Hmm She is good with a sword too.. I was thinkin Sleeping Beauty and Cindyrella would be too girly for him..
    Oh But no fire breathing dragon would stand a chance against Wolverine

10. Ms Chievous profile image67

Oh maybe Belle from Beauty and th Beast

Spiderman could hang out with Jasmine and they could fly on the carpet together. give him a rest..

11. profile image0

Oh yea that dragon would go DOWN a lot faster than it did against Prince Philip lmao

What about Ariel? too girly too? or Belle...maybe Belle she may not know how to fight but she still doesn't take crap from no one lol

12. Ms Chievous profile image67

I don't think Wolverine would do well with the whole water thing..And I think there might some personality conflict between King Neptune and Wolverine anyway

13. profile image0

aaaaaa but Wolverine is such a sweet guy lol. Yea I don't think I could see Wolvering with a fin....creepy!

14. Ms Chievous profile image67

If we want to hook up ariel why don't we see if aquaman is avaialble.. He may be kind of old for her but I am sure King Neptune would have no objection since he is form the sea..

15. profile image0

that is true and shoot aquaman has aged well lol Ariel and Aquaman it is lol

Wolverin and Mulan
    hmmm....Iron man and Alice hehehe

16. Ms Chievous profile image67

No No Tony Stark would go for cinderella.  He is totally a princess man
    Now alice would be good with the Hulk

17. profile image0

Okay so Hulk can have Alice

Maybe Belle can be with Spider-man...two smart book worms togehter?

18. Ms Chievous profile image67

Now if Belle is with Wolverine then him and Spidey would have to get into a fight.. or maybe belle would like Beast better... We totally discounted the blue furry fella

19. Kidgas profile image65
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

I think it is a very strategic acquistion for Disney.  They have a corner on the market for little kids with the typical Disney fair (Mickey, Pooh, etc).  They own Pixar.  They have pre-teen girls with Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers. 

However, they lacked exposure to pre-teen boys.  I think this will solidify their position as an entertainment company from 0 to 12 or 13 in both genders.  They also own ESPN so they can get access to the older male demographic as well. 

Seems to me like they are gradually trying to access every demographic and entertain (and advertise) from cradle to grave.  Seems like a good idea to me.

1. Ms Chievous profile image67
      Ms Chievousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All really good points  But what Princess should hook up with which superhero?? big_smile

20. profile image0

Yea I think Belle would be more suited for Beast. SPiderman can have Aurora. Wolverine can have Mulan...and they all lived happily ever after LMAO

21. Ms Chievous profile image67

Thanks for playin Crazdwriter.. catch ya later...

22. profile image0

lol yep it was fun even though we did leave out some like Snow White oh well we'll throw her in with Superman lmao

catch ya later too

23. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Just to set the record straight.

Aquaman is a DC character. Marvel has Namor the Submariner, and he joneses too much for the Invisible Woman to settle for Ariel.

As for Disney's relative lack of visibility among pre-teen boys, buying Marvel might not make that much of a difference. Pre-teen boys may play the video games, but they're not the ones buying the comic books or most of the movie tickets.

I'll tell you what's smart of this. If the X-Men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic 4 start wandering around the theme parks, older kids and adults will enjoy Disneyland a lot more.

But I'm not sure the Punisher would fit in well there.

1. profile image0

We can put the Punisher in the Haunted Mansion smile

24. Ms Chievous profile image67

Aqua Man was a DC comic s guy?  I have forgotten.  What about Universal Studios?  I thought Spidey was walking around there?

1. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure everyone gets a piece of the pie.  In Hollywood Studios (Disney World) they have Star Wars Weekend and Jedi Academy for the kiddies, which is awesome BTW.  Money, money, money...

25. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Instead of hooking up princesses with super-heroes, how about:

Super Mermaid (she could throw on an "S" shirt)

The Incredible Cinderella

Hulk and The Beast

Spiderman in Wonderland

Captain Snow White

(for starters)

1. profile image0

LMAO nice Lisa nice!

2. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm puking my guts out now...and I'm reaching for my magnum, so I can blow my brains out now...

26. Valerie F profile image60

How about which Disney attractions would suit what Marvel character best?

Ka-Zar: The Jungle Cruise
    The Fantastic 4 and the Silver Surfer: Space Mountain
    Ghost Rider: the Haunted Mansion
    Namor: Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    Vertigo and Riptide: the Mad Tea Party
    Punisher and Domino: Frontierland Shooting Exposition
    Angel: Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    Iceman and Wendigo: Matterhorn
    Forge: Gadget's Go Coaster and Innoventions
    Ant Man and Wasp: Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
    Pixie: Tinkerbell and her Fairy Friends

Nightcrawler: Pirates of the Caribbean, then Star Tours, then Tom Sawyer's Island, then the Columbia, then Peter Pan's Flight, then King Arthur's Carousel, and back to Pirates of the Caribbean. As a teleporter, he can pull all that off.

Multiple Man: Everything at once.

Gambit: Gambit don't do rides. He just hang out at de Blue Bayou and do card tricks.

27. profile image0

hehehe nice one Valerie...I like that hehehe

28. Ms Chievous profile image67

Good Ones Lisa And Val!

Sorry Fiery.. I didn't make the buyout happen!

29. profile image0

Hey who is going to go It's A Small World? Maybe the Fantastic 4? hehehehe sorry fiery I had to

1. Valerie F profile image60
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Galactus would hang out at Small World, disappointed because he thought he could get a snack there.

30. profile image0

lol if he likes little creepy dolls more power to him haha

31. Valerie F profile image60

Of course, we are creepy little dolls to a character who eats worlds.

32. profile image0

ewwww...lol bet these dolls would even scare someone like him HAHA

33. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Both Marvel and Disney will in fact benefit from this.  Look for Marvel movies, such as Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk (with Edward Norton), Spider-Man and X-Men on ABC very soon, as the rights to those movies now belong to Disney.

At first, I think that Marvel Studios was hoping to stick with Sony, but something went awry.  Now, Marvel won't ever have to worry about not receiving financial backing since Disney is funding everything, just as long as Disney approves every move! 

This is actually very good news to hear.  I hope to sweet Maria that they will now make an Avengers movie!  I can't wait big_smile

34. profile image0

*GASP* Dohn you changed your picture

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)