jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Would love your feedback

1. PurpleZen profile image60
    PurpleZenposted 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

I answered a question today on the Hug Request page. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a peek at it and let me know if I'm on the right track...

This is my third hub.

Thanks so much!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Where-to-find-W … Used--Rare

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

I think nice hub smile

I personally would remove the links you are not sure in, and used your affiliate links for amazon and ebay. Umm, and may be space out the video capsules - some extra text will not hurt...

Pretty much it. Good luck! wink

3. embitca profile image86
    embitcaposted 9 years ago

I think it looks awesome, PurpleZen smile

The only thing I would add is you might want to bold a few keywords, like "penquin WebKinz" and "Lil Kinz" and one mention of Webkinz. Just so Google gets a little more emphasis.

Also, you might consider moving up the Ebay module on the bottom. I would move it above the videos and then put the first video off to the right of it.  Then after the second full size video, I'd pop another Ebay module there because for rare Webkinz you could pull some decent Ebay commissions. You could try using keywords for specific rare ones in those modules.

Hope this helps!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I'e noticed people putting words in bold for no apparent reason, are you saying that gets you noticed by Google more?  Please excuse my ignorance!

1. Lissie profile image84
        Lissieposted 9 years ago in reply to this

That is the theory the "strong" tag (bold) is considered more important  -same as heading tags - the trick is to do it but not annoy the humans reading - in fact my problem is that I often forget to do it all!

1. embitca profile image86
          embitcaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Most of the time I forget to do it too, but since the Paul has mentioned it as being a positive factor several times, I've been trying to be more conscious about it.

4. PurpleZen profile image60

Thank you MIsha and embitca. Suggestions much appreciated!

Misha, when you say affiliate links, do you mean including links in the text to my affiliates? Or are you saying that the capsules aren't being directed to my affiliate ID? I'm not sure how to tell if I've hooked up my affiliate IDs correctly. I assumed it all worked as long as I had the affiliates "active" and I plugged in a capsule.

embitca - good point on the ebay commissions. I attempted to move stuff around a little, without making the ads to glaringly in-your-face.

Thanks again for the ideas.

PurpleZen

5. embitca profile image86
    embitcaposted 9 years ago

I hope it does well for you. My niece already has 10 of those blasted things big_smile

6. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Right here you have direct links to amazon and ebay. You need to insert your affiliate id in them. Your Amazon id into amazon link, and your ebay id into ebay link.

This way you get paid when someone buys something there going through your links.

This has nothing to do with hubpages capsules, you generate those links from amazon associates central and commission junction account...

7. PurpleZen profile image60

I think I got it Misha! Thanks so much for your time and advice smile

Marisa, I was wondering the same thing. I was bolding titles only, for making it more organized and easy to read. Now I wonder if bolding something gets it noticed more on Google. I don't like the idea of gratuitous bolding just to get more popular, but if it makes a big difference, I can maybe add some more bolded subtitles or other ways to sneak it in without it being so obvious why I'm doing it.

PurpleZen

8. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Thanks, Lissie!

working