jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)

We've signed up to do the London triathalon next summer

1. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

OH and I are going to do it. I think I'm certifiably insane!

1. frogdropping profile image86
      frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

*hand L/Girl the correct certification*

But ... bloody well done big_smile A marathon is tough (once did a half marathon. And I walked half of that) as it is but I always thought the triathalon type would be more difficult because they cover three different athletic disciplines.

Seriously, the best of good wishes. And remember - it's not how you finish but the fact that you do. Though aim to walk over the finish line. I did a teeny bit of crawling and whimpering neutral

LondonGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations on your triumph! I will do my best to (hobble) over the finishing line.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Good luck...

3. SweetiePie profile image85
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

If you can do it that is great!  I wish I was athletic enough toe participate in a triathlon, but long walks are about as far as I go smile.

4. LondonGirl profile image90

I certainly couldn't do it now, some serious training ahead!

1. 0
      Pacal Votanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

One reasons to do it. Good Luck!

5. 0
    ryankettposted 7 years ago

My uncle is a full time triathlon coach, he had to quit doing them because he did his knee in.

And yes, you are certainly crazy lol You wouldnt see me putting myself through it!

Good on you though, physical stuff is certainly an area in which I drastically lack.

Me too - I'm going to have to work on it! OH is disgustingly fit already.

6. BristolBoy profile image80
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

Good luck!  You going to be running/cycling/swimming for any particular cause? 

I was thinking of doing a marathon/half marathon whilst I am still young and (relatively) fit.  Not sure if I would ever do a triathlon though - reckon I could cope with the swimming and running but cycling is something I hate!

1. hubby7 profile image78
      hubby7posted 7 years ago in reply to this

A co-worker/friend of mine is getting me interested in doing the half-iron man. Running and biking is not a problem, swimming is because I don't swim. I have been a long distance runnner for most of my life. My favorite distance is the half-marathon in which I always sprint at the end. Anyway, good luck the triathalon and hang in there!

Can't swim or don't like to? Swimming's going to be the easiest bit for me, I like the water. Running I've never really done at all.

7. LondonGirl profile image90

Running is going to be the hard bit for me - I like cycling, swimming's all good, but I've never done any running apart from for the bus.

We're going to do it for the Multiple Sclerosis Society - OH's mother died of MS.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

A very worthy cause, I too know sufferers of MS.

8. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 7 years ago

Well done you are a braver woman than me. I have trouble running to the shops.

Yeah, me too. That's got to change, clearly!

9. Jen's Solitude profile image86
    Jen's Solitudeposted 7 years ago

Wow LondonGirl!

As a MSer, I'd like to thank you in advance for even preparing for such an endeavor.  Sorry to read that your family member died of MS.

Will you be running a full marathon?

Jen

It's a trialthalon, rather than a marathon - so the whole lot is swimming, then cycling, then running.

OH's mother had progressive-aggressive MS, an unfortunate combination.

10. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

You won't believe how obnoxiously fit your are going to be. And working out for a great cause too!

11. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Cool, LG!  Sounds like fun, smile.

12. LondonGirl profile image90

Thanks Nelle - once I acheive that fitness you'll never have come across obnoxious-ness like it, I intend to make the most of it.

Lita, "fun" isn't the first word that comes to my mind lol

13. arunjain1989 profile image60
    arunjain1989posted 7 years ago

Londongirl all my prayers and best wishes with you!!Best of luck

working