jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)

backlinks?

1. jabyrd82 profile image61
    jabyrd82posted 7 years ago

what are backlinks? are they other sites that you would write articles on?

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

one of my hubs is a guide to backlinks, you might want to check it out, it shows you how to make them and gives you a few places to put them.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image84
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

Backlinks are incoming links to your site or page.  For example, if you are talking about backlinks to Hubpages, those would be links on other sites that link to your hubs or your HubPages profile.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Such thangs like email signatures, forum signatures or comment signatures big_smile backlinks from those places all pointing back to HP.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image79
      Deborah-Lynnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

WHAT DO YOU CALL IT WHEN A "NEWBIE" PUBLISHES HER OWN ORIGINAL HUB WITH HER OWN ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND SOMEONE WHO'S BEEN WITH HUBPAGES ALMOST A YEAR READS IT, AND MAKES A KIND OF "BOOK REPORT" SUMMARY OF THE NEWBIES' ARTICLE AND COMBINES IT WITHTHE NEWBIES' PROFILE WRITE UP, THEN POSTS IT FIVE HOURS LATER AS HER OWN HUB???  WHAT IS THAT CALLED?  WHAT DO YOU CALLED IT WHEN THAT SAME PERSON, WHO KNOWS BETTER, POSTS A PLAGERISM/COPYWRITE WARNING RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS "SO CALLED" HUB OF HERS???  WHAT IS THAT CALLED?

1. fayans profile image19
        fayansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Stealing wink

2. Angel Of Love profile image78
        Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And what do you call this all caps crap? Answer: SHOUTING OUT LOUD IT BREAKS YOUR EARDRUM!!!

sorry........shhhhhhh!

2. Deborah-Lynn profile image79

sorry....shhhhh!.....

2. Deborah-Lynn profile image79

I hear such plageristic behavior is also considered a crime, maybe this idea stealing, Hub copying so-called "authoress" should be ashamed of herself and not try acting so full of wisdom when her own behavior isn't very wise!

3. Deborah-Lynn profile image79

Perhaps you would explain?"

4. LVM profile image53
    LVMposted 7 years ago

If a link points to your hub,  you call it a backlink to your hub. 

A backlink could come from many sources.  One of which could be right from your own hubs.  For example, let's say you have two hubs, one is about a Computer Numerical Control Lathe Machine and the other hub is about an old Manual Lathe Machine.  On your first hub put a link pointing to your Manual Lathe hub, telling your readers to click the link if they are interested with the older type of lathe machines.  In that case, the link you have just created serves as a BACKLINK of your hub Manual Lathe Machine.  You can also do it the opposite way.  Or better yet, do it both ways, linking both hubs.  These backlinks may now be called local backlinks, since they are both from the same domain, HubPages.  If one of the hubs were published somewhere, let's say in blogspot.com and not in HubPages, then those backlinks would become external backlinks.

5. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I would really like to clarify that there are two different types of links -- DoFollow and NoFollow. A "DoFollow" link has the full attention of Google and counts immediately. A "NoFollow" link means that when you have a gazillion of them, Google will pay attention.

If you search the forums for 'backlinks' you should find a lot of good info on them.

1. Angel Of Love profile image78

There is another type of backlink, it is called SPAM.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's rite. In addition to this read my hub on "getting free and easy backlinks", and the one on nofollows.

3. vancouver profile image61
      vancouverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is some controversy on this, google supposedly doesn't follow "nofollow" links but ive been reading in some SEO forums that in some cases they might.

Regards,
      JR

6. Angel Of Love profile image78
    Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago

Deborah, you need to make your posts like this: DEBORAH

Quite "CLASSEY"Angel of Love

1. Angel Of Love profile image78

smile

7. Deborah-Lynn profile image79
    Deborah-Lynnposted 7 years ago

Sorry for shouting, but I'm not the only one who finds this kind of plageristic behavior to be STEALING, and perhaps that guilty author shouldn't be allowed to post her "wisdom" publically on this site when her actions are not very wise.

8. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I think I'd either call it a "misunderstanding" or else an "attack on the new person's Hub" or maybe even a "compliment" (depending on what was said/presented). 

If the profile is included, and if the new person's material is in quotes, and she is given credit for the words; it isn't plagiarism.   The copyright remark in the Hub could be the author's attempt to "protect" her own and anyone else's words.

I think if I knew someone did that with one of my Hubs I'd send them a polite e.mail to ask why (etc.).  I don't know the details, but there's always the chance there's some misunderstanding going on.  Based on what they said (and what was in the Hub), I may consider e.mailing HubPages administration if I thought what was done was unfair/inappropriate/etc.

working