jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

SEO fear - should I put full versions of articles on my website?

1. advoco profile image61
    advocoposted 7 years ago

Can anyone help me out on an SEO type question regarding articles.  I am starting to write articles to promote my website - it's for a Spanish law firm so it's articles discussing things about Spain, "how to" pieces and tips.  I publish them on my site as a Hot Topic and then put the exact same article, including the same title, on places like hubpages and articlesbase.

My fear, because I read it somewhere, is that search engines won't like the fact that my articles are the same as my website content.  It could be like I've copied some material from the website and called it an article.

One solution would be to publish articles and not put them on the website (just link back to the website).  That would be a pity because they contain very useful, interesting content that I want on the site.

I thought maybe publish short summaries on the website and link to the full version on hubpages etc

Any advice?  Is this a real problem?

1. DonnaCSmith profile image83
      DonnaCSmithposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"I thought maybe publish short summaries on the website and link to the full version on hubpages etc"

That sounds like the best solution. I had some of my articles on my website and here. I got duplicate content notices from Hubpages, so I took them off my website. I haven't done the summaries and links - thank you for reminding me to do that!

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If your goal is to promote your website, then you should be doing this the other way round.
      Put the summary on Hubpages, and many other sites, and link back to the whole article on your own website.

Cheers, Eric G.

2. Angel Of Love profile image79
    Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago

I've seen lots of hubs which are short summaries and points to their websites.  It seems hubpages is a good tool for promoting other sites.

3. 61
    chucklinartposted 7 years ago

There is a lot of controversy about this.  I happen to think that duplicate content on different sites is not a huge issue as long as it's on your site first and indexed by Google on your site first.  Lots of stuff gets syndicated and scraped so just put it on your site, then put it on other sites after a week or two.