jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

I understand, this question might have been brought up before but...

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image78
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

But I am still asking. How much do you earn with amazon?

I have placed amazon ads on one of my old websites. There was an Adsense ad unit on it which did not perform well last month at all, so replaced it with amazon.
    I understand I should wait a few weeks and see how it performs, but I will like to replace a few Adsense ad units on other websites with Amazon ads, so need a feedback how do they perform at your sites?

1. 61
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Big fat ZERO but I think being from the UK I have signed up to the wrong one !

Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your good old picture is back BC.
        Thanx for the feedback, I don't want to keep on sitting on that ZERO so asked this question. Amazon doesn't seem like working for me too. If I didn't earn anything a few more days I will replace it with Adsense, so that after some 6000 page views I will earn a dollar or so from CPM ads. This is what happened the last month. lol

2. 0
      Pacal Votanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Which of your hubs have amazon ads? I can't see them.

1. 0
        ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why dont you read his re-read his post.

3. jiberish profile image78
      jiberishposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Are we here to make money???? smile smile

Yes, we are. big_smile

But rite now I am not talking about making money from hubs. lol

4. LVM profile image54
      LVMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wasn't making money with it so I removed them all a couple of weeks ago.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I thought having a combination of amazon and adsense is set to provide *streams* of income hmm depending on how good drawing traffic n interest will be.

hmmm... can you give me some more tips and insight for success with Amazon.

3. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I never account for Amazon some have great luck with it but personally I have made only a few pennies I focus more on google ads. smile

So we have one more vote agains Amazon. lol

4. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Amazon works great for targetted traffic.

My exaggerated perspective is:

Adsense works best on examples of poor writing and audiences that arent web savvy

why? well if your audience arrives with a  question and doesnt get an answer or cant stand reading your writing than they look for a way out - (thats why I think bad wriitng, or good writing in a teaser format works best for adsense)

as far as web savvy, I dont know about you guys but I know what an adsense ad looks like, i dont click on ads- if im looking to buy something I go ebay, amazon , craigslist ect.. I dont get sold by an ad..so I dont think article sin internet marketing,web design and other obviosuly web savvy people is going to be very successful with adsense

Amazon though is a whole different animal, it performs well for me - about 500/wk in sales for amazon (my cut being between 4% and 8.5%)

You can market specific products and create sites/pages where people are specifically looking for such.
    Amazon has the credibility where its ok that your web savvy viewer knows its an ad.

5. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

IMHO, if you're going to place Amazon ads on a hub/blog/page/site, then it needs to be written specifically for that. I had Amazon ads on my blogs for years and didn't make a penny. But on HP, I wrote pages dedicated to pushing Amazon products and it worked.

1. Angel Of Love profile image80
      Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If this is true, would you mind telling us how much you have made?

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image78

That site features information on different things. Nothing but info. So I added related books. Not working for me though.

6. E. A. Wright profile image88
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

Haven't tried all that much with Amazon yet, with results to match.

7. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I add an Amazon capsule only if they have product relative to my article.

8. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

I've actually made quite a bit from Amazon.  Make at least a sale daily now...  Depends what you write about.  I review products I truly love and it works.  Google income is a drop in the bucket compared to what I make on Amazon.

Now this reply has really bucked me up. Thank you!
      I will try writing reviews.

working