jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Could use an honest critique

1. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

I just put up my 15th hub, but my first associated with Amazon.
    I would like to hear any opinions or advice about the the technical, or marketing aspects of the hub.

This one is kinda of a trial ballon for an "evergreen" hub with amazon.

General comments are also welcomed. This link is below

Thank you for your efforts

2. readytoescape profile image60

Anybody out there?

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Nothing wrong with it that I can see. Traffic comes not just from HP authors but other efforts too. big_smile

4. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I'm here and I checked it out. You did a great job on your hub. I bet a lot of ppl will check it out. and I rated you UP!!!!

5. readytoescape profile image60

Ladies (Dame Scribe & Crazd) thank you for your review. I appreciate the effort and the time I am well aware of its value.
    I have been picking up traffic from multiple sources, actually getting more hits from Yahoo, than Google on all of my hubs across the board, but those are mainly current events subjects. Trying harder to build for the "Evergreen" hub and residual searchs. Thanks again.

6. megs78 profile image59
    megs78posted 7 years ago

I liked your hub a lot!  really good info there and well put together.  good job!

7. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

1.  Move your photo down to the right of the next text capsule. The top right hand corner is the best spot for ads - either leave it to Adsense or put your Amazon ad there. Note that your first paragraph has to be a certain length before the Adsense ad will appear - do a bit of trial and error and you'll see what I mean.

2.  Make sure you split your text up over several capsules to maximise ad placement.

3.  Personally, I felt the style was unnecessarily rambling. The first couple of paras almost lost me as I thought you were just doing the folksy thing and not going to give me any good info at all - then I moved on and discovered the good stuff.  Remember readers on the internet have a short attention span, so give them something worthwhile early on!