jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

I'm brand new. Could someone look at my hub? They don't like it.

1. 60
    Lynnie Kposted 7 years ago

Hi.  I just joined and set up my hub yesterday and they are telling me I'm in trouble already.  Some of the reasons might be that I have too many links to another place or the hub is too commercialized.

All I did was put in a blurb about the health benefits of garlic and I followed it up with a recipe for Chicken with Forty Cloves of garlic.  In the article, I had two links to my blog site.  I took one of them out, but I'm not at all sure what else I'm supposed to do.  Do you think I need to turn off those ads and uncheck the "this site may be considered commercial" box?  Do you think I should have less products from Amazon?  I think I have five.

I sure would appreciate your help.  This article is very typical of the ones I would be continuing to write, so I certainly want to understand what I have done wrong.  Here is the link if anyone has time to take a look.
    Thanks much.
    Lynnie K

1. Lgali profile image49
      Lgaliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i am getting this message Sorry, this page is no longer published.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Your page is no longer published so none of us can see it.

I suggest you read the FAQ, starting from the link below.  One of those sections will tell you what you're doing wrong.

3. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

Hmmmm...I see it.
    Only suggestion I have is maybe lengthen the text a tad?
    Search engines etc seem to like more words.
    Trust me, I know sometimes a paragraph or two is all you can come up with about a subject.
    Adsense is running too and looks targeted so you evidently did a good job on your keywords.
    Tags look pretty good too...phrases not just single words.

4. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 7 years ago

I see it and you have lots of text after your comment box. This needs to be moved up because people will not realise it's there. Otherwise I don't see much wrong, but hey I don't see much cause I don't know much. Still learning.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey Helen, you know enough to give other people good advice already!  Making progress!

Looks like the author has fixed the problem (you can't have more than two links to the same website in a Hub).  However the Hub is a bit short, starting with a photo is never a good idea, and recipe Hubs are notorious for not earning money.  So I think it's going to need work.

5. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

There were more than 2 links to a single domain.  Author's fixed it now, so the hub's been republished.

1. Helen Cater profile image61
      Helen Caterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If I knew what that meant it might help me. I don't think I have any to other domains.

1. LVM profile image55
        LVMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Helen, a domain is a website.  If you create more than two links to a single website, it is considered as a form of spamming, so either it's not allowed or you get penalized for it.

6. missalyssa profile image60
    missalyssaposted 7 years ago

I suggest putting the comments at the bottom. More pictures to break up the text and maybe some amazon links to cook books? Just ideas...I'll probably try some of the recipes so thanks!

7. Kent Merritt profile image80
    Kent Merrittposted 7 years ago

Truth be told, the Powers That Be at HubPages don't like baked chicken.

Seriously though, you have a lot of additional information listed below the comments section.  If I am like most of the people around here (scary thought) I usually stop reading when I see the comments.  Typically, that is where the article ends and the comments begin. 

And I, for one, love baked chicken.