jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why I am getting clicks only on Amazon.com ads, no sale.

1. rajkishor09 profile image63
    rajkishor09posted 7 years ago

I am hubbing for 6 months, in very first month I sold some products on Amazon.com around $50. Since then I haven’t made any sale. But the month of August was amazing I got around 140 clicks on Amazon products but no sale. The amount of clicks on Amazon products was much greater than Adsense clicks, around 50% greater. I don’t understand why I am getting clicks no sale on Amazon. Is there any use of clicks without any selling? Please help me this regard.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Here's my theory.  Amazon ads look attractive because of their images, so visitors are tempted to click on them and have a look, even when they're not really interested in buying the item.  So you're always likely to get a lot of unproductive clicks from casual browsers. 

Adsense ads look more boring, so people tend not to click on them unless they're actually interested.  So you get a higher conversion rate for them.

I've taken Amazon ads off my Hubs, unless I can find a product that is highly relevant to the subject, because that's the only way to make sales.  You may just have had a lucky streak in your first month.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Are your Hubs created with the intention of selling?  From what I saw glancing at your profile page, you've not made anything that seems to have a retail focus lately.  Did you use to make Hubs like that? 

Also, have you taken the bad economy into account?  A lot of people don't have as much money to spend freely anymore so making a sale takes more focused effort.

3. LVM profile image56
    LVMposted 7 years ago

I used to have Amazon all over my hubs, but just like you, all clicks and no sale.  I don't have them anymore in any of my hubs.

4. vancouver profile image61
    vancouverposted 7 years ago

Have you tried the ebay affiliate links? I believe they store the cookie for longer maybe you will have more luck with that.