jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

What's wrong with my hub?

1. LVM profile image48
    LVMposted 7 years ago

One of my hubs is getting lots of pageviews but rarely get an ad click.  My other hubs are getting much lower pageviews and yet generate some bucks.

Any advice? Thank you in advance for the help.

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

hmm...i wish i could see the hub. i know you can't post it here but maybe you could give a clue as to the topic? i shot myself in the foot with my latest hub, saying how pricey some of the things are that i was hubbing about. i'd better change that...

3. relache profile image84
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Having traffic does not necessarily equate with high earnings. 

All those photo hubs get a lot of traffic from readers who just want to look, however they don't earn much as why would anyone click an ad if all they want to do is look at pictures?

1. LVM profile image48
      LVMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's not a picture hub.  On the contrary, it only has a single picture at the top.

4. relache profile image84

So, why would reading down a list make people click on ads?

1. LVM profile image48

Do you mean I need to add more pictures?

5. relache profile image84

No, I'm not saying that.  In fact, didn't I just say that picture Hubs don't earn much?

What I said was, why would reading down the list that you wrote make the reader think they needed to click on the advertisements on that HubPage?

1. LVM profile image48

I must be getting irrelevant ads on the hub.

6. relache profile image84

Are the ads irrelevant?

1. LVM profile image48

I checked on the ads, they are irrelevant to the list.

7. relache profile image84

Ads are primarily based on your writing and your choice of tags.

But also remember that 40% of the time (randomized), the HubPages affiliate code is attached to your Hubs, and sometimes really different ads can run at those times from what shows when your affiliate code is in play. 

I tend to feel, however, that it's the author's writing that really makes or breaks a Hub.

This is your PTC hub, isn't it?

1. LVM profile image48

Nope.  It's a Current Events topic I published on another account.

8. LVM profile image48
    LVMposted 7 years ago

If you looked at my PTC hub it is displaying highly relevant ads.  The Current Events topic I was talking about is getting twice the traffic of my earning hubs yet the lowest of the ad clicks.

9. relache profile image84

Why would anyone need to click ads if all they are looking for is info on current events?

1. Angel Of Love profile image73
      Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

relache, is it not a good idea to write hubs on current events?

10. relache profile image84

I don't write about current events as they require a lot of upkeep, followed by a lot of drop-off once they aren't current.

But really, if someone wants to read about current events, how would that drive retail sales or encourage them to click on ads?

You can write about whatever you want, but I pay my rent with HubPages, so I tend to be a tad more focused on evergreen Hubs that earn.

11. profile image61
    564626posted 7 years ago

Write more and more hubs. One of my hub earn me $1 today. after month. If you write more hubs then you will earn daily and regularly.
    I like hubs because after adding you will get money for many years.

1. Angel Of Love profile image73
      Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What topic do you suggest writing about?  What topic is earning you the most?

working