jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Recession is a dementor

1. Debbiewritres profile image60
    Debbiewritresposted 7 years ago

Do you think recession has kind of devoured us? It has spread like a wildfire. And perhaps one of the most pressing problems is debts. How to fight them? Let me know your views and ask a question if you are racking your brains.......

1. Amanda Severn profile image89
      Amanda Severnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The traditional method of dealing with dementors is to conjure up a Patronus, but in the absence of a magic wand, I guess work hard, budget carefully, and live as frugally as possible is probably the more logical way forward!

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

i think the one good thing about the recession is because it is hitting everyone people tend to be a bit more understanding...... I am now back at work and have been taught one huge lesson.... don't spend my money that i have not really got... as it is so hard to get straight once you do get into debt...

1. arunjain1989 profile image59
      arunjain1989posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree with you...Infact I do most most of my tansaction are now done in cash rather than on credit.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Same cash all the way , made me relise how selfish an untrustworthy banks and many businesses really are!

Having said that Id love to have a credit card and just go crazzzzzyyyy lol

4. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

I think too people on a whole, live way beyond their means.

I was raised to think if ya aint got the cash ,you save til ya do.
    Now its all about 'instant' or I  call it 'the gimmes' lol

1. Amanda Severn profile image89
      Amanda Severnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's exactly what the economy has been based on for the last ten or fifteen years. The good old 'gimmes'! LOL! But when we make ourselves sick in the sweetie store, we all know what happens next, and that's how we learn. It's a tough old lesson when it's your home and your health at stake though.

working