jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Need some feedback!

1. Tracey Dockree profile image78
    Tracey Dockreeposted 7 years ago

Wrote my first hub and tweaked it and tweaked it - but it still doesn't seem right. Is it too long? Should I break it into two hubs? If so, should I start two new hubs and unpublish this one or edit this one and add one more new one?

Hub is at http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-food-in … -diet-work

2. 61
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

It's perfect !

1. brad4l profile image82
      brad4lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Seconded smile I really like the layout and way the information is organized.

3. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I agree with BC, you present the information clear and have all the relevant tags.  Great job on your first hub.

4. Tracey Dockree profile image78
    Tracey Dockreeposted 7 years ago

Thanks guys! So fast too - I'd left to get a cuppa!

First date jitters I guess! And you've all posted lots of good hubs yourselves so I feel you know what you're talking about.

Thanks so much - it's very reassuring. I'll leave it alone now and perhaps concentrate on doing another hub.

It's good to have a forum like this - I think I'd have gone potty without having some kind of feedback soon!

Thanks for spending the time.

Did I say thank you yet?

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

It's a great Hub, with a good mix of text, photos and illustrations. 

An important suggestion: make the first paragraph a little longer.  If it's a few lines longer, you'll find an Adsense ad appears in the top right hand corner - that's the prime money-making position (you can see where the ads will be in the "Preview" screen).

I think there is potential to split this into two or even three Hubs if, as I suspect, you have more material to expand on each of the sections. 

What you could do is see if you can write individual Hubs with more detail on the various aspects - then when they're done, go back and revise the original so it's a kind of "summary" Hub, with links to all the more detailed Hubs.  Something to think about.

1. Tracey Dockree profile image78
      Tracey Dockreeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow! Thanks Marisa! I wouldn't have known about the need for a longer first paragraph to get the ad - that is really handy to know. And your idea for generating new hubs then using the original as a summary solves my dilemna about not wasting the hub I've already done! Perfect! I really appreciate your advice. Thanks again.