jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Codex Alimentarius - are you worried about this?

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

Many people are very worried that Codex Alimentarius by next year will have made herbs and health supplements as we know them now a thing of the past and that you will need prescriptions from doctors to get vitamins and other stuff you can buy from a health store at present.
    John Hammell, founder of International Advocates for Health Freedom (IAHF), has this to say about what Codex will bring:

"If Codex Alimentarius has its way, then herbs, vitamins, minerals, homeopathic remedies, amino acids and other natural remedies you have taken for granted most of your life will be gone..."

and further that:
    "The Codex Alimentarius proposals already exist as law in Norway and Germany where the entire health food industry has literally been taken over by the drug companies. In these countries, vitamin C above 200 mg is illegal as is vitamin E above 45 IU, vitamin B1 over 2.4 mg and so on."

I take vitamin E at 400IU and Vitamin B-complex B-50s as well as ginko, valerian at times, lutein and other supplements.

More info here: http://www.natural-health-information-c … arius.html

2. Aya Katz profile image88
    Aya Katzposted 7 years ago

Bard of Ely, all the more reason not to support nationalized health care. The biggest problem with the government being involved with health care is that it might force us to undergo certain treatments and to forgo others.

Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't have a doctor and administer my own general health care, Aya! I wouldn't want any recommended government treatments!

3. livewithrichard profile image83
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I can't see it happening. It would eliminate a roughly Half Trillion Dollar a year industry.  Not going to happen, though I'm sure some whacked out politicians would love to get their hands on that money.

It has already partly happened in Germany and Norway. Various supplements such as Kaka Kava have gone in the UK and Ireland over the last several years too. St John's Wort was removed from shops in Ireland some years back and I saw a TV Cooke Report on that.

4. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Just stock enough for a few years. This house of cards will fall. smile

I think you are right, Misha - it is falling but let's hope we don't fall with it!

working