jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

1. Prince Maak profile image78
    Prince Maakposted 8 years ago

Have you ever heard about a CAR which drives itself ? General Motors has made it true, A new car which can be driven without a Driver will hit (launched into) the market soon, which is controlled by CENSORS & RADARS and runs through GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEM.

Will it be safe to TRAVEL in that CAR?

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Maybe in the city, if ALL the cars drive themselves.

Out in rural areas the GPS will more likely put you in the middle of a cow paddock then on a main road.

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

No, I haven't. And to tell you the truth, I bet this car will *not* hit the market any time soon. Driving on open road is too complicated of a task to be handled by a modern computer, no matter how powerful it is. In fact, I think there never be a fully automatic car for open roads. There is always something not previously accounted for on the road, and computers fail miserably in such kind of task...

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

I think "Hit" is the operative word there.

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

No pun intended? wink

5. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Actually, I think we're closer and closer every year.  For instance, there are sensors available now which detect your vehicles proximity to other objects and will alert you if you come too close to another car, a guard rail, even a person.

Ahh, progress!

6. thooghun profile image85
    thooghunposted 8 years ago

I don't relish the prospect of owning a car that drives itself, where's the fun in that? smile