Questions on Duplicate Content not in FAQ

1. jstevens2 profile image59
    jstevens2posted 7 years ago

I just joined Hubpages and posted my first Hub as a test. It was an article that I had written a while ago and thus it was on other websites. So it got flagged as duplicate content, (I also had a link to my site which I now know is bad, and has been removed)

But I would like to keep the article up there, minus the promo links. My question is if I keep that up there and add other Hub pages that have also been published elsewhere online while I work on new original content will it affect my Hubpages account?

My question is for future Hubs as I have a few more articles that have already been posted elsewhere that I was thinking of making into Hubs.

Also, if I add original Hubs, does that limit me from distributing those articles to other sites in the future? Say 3 to 6 months later?

Just wondering

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

First of all, welcome!

To answer your question, it is not against our rules to have duplicate content, as long as there are no outbound links on it.  One duplicate hub among a large number of original, unique hubs will not affect your score much, but if most or all of your hubs can be found elsewhere on the web, that may have a significant impact.

2. Angel Of Love profile image79
    Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago

I suggest that you simply re-phrase or re-word some of your published hubs.