jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Comments - am I missing something?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I went to leave a comment on one of my Hubs and discovered a spam comment from 3 weeks ago. 

I realise I haven't seen a spam comment for ages.  It used to be that the Comments section of "My Account" had  a drop down menu where you could choose to see spam comments.  That doesn't exist now - so how do I check my spam comments?

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I've been doing it the hard way, I guess - getting e.mails whenever there is a comment, clicking on "navigate to Hub", and seeing what's there.  It's the only way I know.  Recently, I've been getting more than I had been.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I also get the emails, but usually just delete them because I log on to HubPages most days and see them at login anyway - or so I thought. 

The thing is, as far as I can remember, I can't remember ever being presented at login with a comment that's marked as "spam".

3. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

I too only see comments using the comments thing upon login. I never really had a spam comment though, and if it was a "spam" one I deleted it.

1. 0
      Ghost32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Same here; only see Comments at login.  Have had a few, but never enough at one time to seem worth worrying about.  I tend to delete the few that do show up and follow up with a Comment of my own addressed to the sender, explaining why the deletion was done.  Not that they don't know; just makes me feel all smug and happy to do it that way.