jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Ebay Capsules - Images Only

1. sunstreeks profile image85
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

Hubpages Staff,

I would love to see the Ebay capsule modified to allow hubbers to show only Ebay products that contain images. Any possibilities this can be done??

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think this is a great idea.  eBay itself says that items with images sell better.  eBay affiliate software like phpBay allows you to select "items with images only" and I'd love to be able to do that on HP.

2. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

If it is images only it will make people want to click them more..the reason why this is bad is you could be selling a "big red arrow" on ebay that points directly to an adsense ad, breaking the TOS.

Aka: It allows a very easy "opps I didn't know *wink*" excuse to cleaver rule breaking.

3. sunstreeks profile image85
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

I think you misunderstood my request.

When you list products on ebay capsules most of the times there are images accompanying the listing titles. This is not always the cause and some instead show NO PHOTO where a image would be. I find it more visually appealing to have images with the ebay listings on hubs. Plus, I know as an ebay shopper that I am more likely to have an interest in checking out a ebay auction if there is a picture.

What I meant was not to have just soley images of ebay products, but have the option to only show ebay listings that show a picture of the product left of the listing title.

There are some products on ebay that have very few results and I'll take whatever I can get. Other times there are plenty of auction results and I would like to be able to narrow down to just auctions that contain images.

4. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

I'll add this to our idea list. Thanks!

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Definitely, as mentioned Ebay says they sell better and they look better if there is an image.