jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Hub score Changes Daily?

1. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

My main Hubs score keeps changing on almost an hourly (actually mornings & afternoons) basis whats up with this? Is it caused by traffic differential or Page "voting"?

For example last night, late I was at 91, this morning Im at 87

1. Neil Ashworth profile image60
      Neil Ashworthposted 7 years ago in reply to this

A number of things affect your hub score - traffic, votes, word count, unique content...

Just keep writing and don't spend too long studying the stats !

2. readytoescape profile image60

Not really studying, I am watching for trends in the differing subject areas but, the overall hub score planted in your avatar is hard to miss. I just noticed the swings in what appear to be short intervals of time. The score is obivously some type of algorithem, I'm just curious as the what are its major componants, or is time (length of memership)a factor.

Most of my page scores comparitively (to other Hubs) are pretty good, traffic is low but building from 14 different sources including Yahoo, AOL search, ATT search and I participate on the site via forums, comments ect, just wondering about the fluctution cause, since I have noticed others (via avatars) seem to maintain scores.

3. Rhianni32 profile image83
    Rhianni32posted 7 years ago

Pretty much what Neil covered. Be active in the forums. Create new hubs with new content. Just be a part of the community and it shouldnt be a problem

4. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

There are several factors involved in HubScore. To prevent gaming of the algorithm there's a few random things thrown in, like the number of times that Frank the Pug sneezes in an hour, divided by the amount of times Ryan uses the word 'awesome' in a 24 hour period.

Just kidding about that last point.

1. mary lanphier profile image62
      mary lanphierposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for posting the link for "all things Hubscore"  LOL

5. readytoescape profile image60

Thanks all have to send frank over some Kleenex

6. sabrebIade profile image84
    sabrebIadeposted 7 years ago

Just keep writing and dont worry too much.
    I used to look at mine and go "WHY?" every few hours.
    They jump up, then drop, then go back up....it can be nerve wracking if you focus on it too much.