jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Writing problems?

1. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

Have you ever committed yourself to a project and end up hating it.  Although I don't hate the project I started, I do find I am forcing myself to write on the topics I started.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

2. NiceBlogger profile image63
    NiceBloggerposted 7 years ago

Almost daily,i try to write a blog post and then i am forcing myself to get some ideas.I just let it go for a while and then start again,for me it's working..

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Yes, but it usually works itself out.

4. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Yes, jsut clear your mind walk away and calm back to it, think about how much you will appreciate it when the task is complete. smile

5. Aqua profile image77
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

Yes, it happens. Sometimes it's just flat out hard to get motivated.

6. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

I completely agree about the motivation, really what I am working on is huge as it covers ten years and 130 items that need at least 100-150 words each.  Arggh I guess perseverance will pay off when I am finished and don't have to do it anymore.

1. hubby7 profile image80
      hubby7posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think you might be approaching your task in the wrong way. Instead of looking at it as a huge project that you have to attack, break it up into smaller parts. That way the task might not appear as burdensome as it appears to be to you now. Whenever I would run a 12 mile run, I would not say that I have 12 miles ahead of me. Instead I would break the run up into 4 equal parts of 15 minutes each. That way the run would not seem as formidable. You should do the same.

1. Aqua profile image77
        Aquaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree, sometimes these kinds of mental "tricks" can really help.

working