jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Why Do So Many People Think They Can Beat The System

1. Dale Mazurek profile image57
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

Every single day we see new posts in the forums of people asking why their scores are so low.

Then every single day we see someone like Mark or Darkside busting them for duplicate content or something.

Do these people really think they can get away with it and think they are smarter than the system.

Its also a wonder why they do not get accepted to the AdSense program.

People who are copying, it really isn't that hard to write original content.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe because they think they can ? Welcome to the World !! Different people different thinking. Why do you care ? It's their problem. If you don't have any, good for you ! smile

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Dale it amazes me too.

But I think some people genuinely don't understand why duplicate content is a nono. In fact there is at atleast one experienced hubber that will say duplicate content doesn't affect your google rankings (I disagree).

They don't think of it as spam. In their minds they wrote it and they can put it as many places as they want online. Of course stealing from others is a whole different type of duplicate content.

After being in affiliate marketing for 10 years, I know that there are no short cuts. That you have to get up every day, write fresh new content and keep working away.

I don't think people understand the monumental effort it takes to consistently make money online. It takes so much more unique content than many people can envision.

Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Searching for keywords, doing research, it all takes time.  I think you are right that most just don't understand what it takes to make a living online.

I have always made sure to stay away from black hat tactics because all they can do is get you in trouble.

10 years, thats great, for me I'm coming on my third year but what I can say is I still love every second of what I do online.

3. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 7 years ago

It appears it could be everyone’s’ problem. Copied material, some of which we have all seen or heard of in bulk, clogs search points and invariably will in obscure quality hubs from search results, thereby limiting or eliminating traffic from quality sites.

Seems a valid concern to me.

4. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Why do they do it?  Because they can, or they think they can.  What percentage of people do you think actually get caught at it?

Writing good quality and good content are they only ways to succeed in my opinion, but there will always be those that will and do cheat the system.

Sooner or later it will bite them in the a$$ and their world will come tumbling down.

It just drives me nuts when I find one of my articles somewhere on the web, not to mention when all the links are stripped out of them as well.

5. 0

Affiliate marketing is a rough and tumble world. I try to explain to my husband that every day I get up - sit on my couch - and compete against the entire world.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's true and will always be. People thinking they're smarter than you, copying content and the like, will never stop. That's internet business !! And everybody should be prepared for that. It's not that amazing. It's the real world ! smile

6. 0

Copying people is folly, because you can never know what content is producing income. You also don't know the half of why the content that is working, works. Unless you can suss out a persons entire online empire, you don't know the subtleties of what makes a website produce money.

Better to do it yourself and learn.

7. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Do these people really think they can get away with it and think they are smarter than the system.

Do They THINK?

It just drives me nuts when I find one of my articles somewhere on the web, not to mention when all the links are stripped out of them as well.

How Often does this happen to you Dale?

1. 0
      Pacal Votanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Look at the bright side. It shows you're worth copying.

2. Dale Mazurek profile image57

In my one business niche it happens quite often because people think they can just copy what I am doing and make all the money.

One day my partner found over 20 of our articles on different sites and blogs with all the links stripped out.  Yes that was an annoying day.

8. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 7 years ago

I think it just comes down to people are people, and no matter what you do for a living, there are people out there that think it is easy, and they can make a fast buck doing it.

It may work in the short term, but never over the long term.  I see it every day when people come into my gallery and think that because they say they are an artist, they will make a lot of money.  If they only knew how hard it really was.

working